• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton 360 renewal

I have had Norton 360 for several years and set to renew3. Last year I already noticed that buying a new boxed product would be significantly cheaper than renewing on line. This year however even the download price at norton.co.uk is twice as much as the renewal option available within my account. Must I really buy again to get the best price?

Replies

Kudos1

Re: Norton 360 renewal

DGF,

Many of us buy the cheapest we can from a reputable source and use the KEY but since you are in the UK be careful to make sure that what you buy has a normal activation procedure using a KEY from Norton supplied with it -- I understand that some sources (PCWorld?) may have a special arrangement with Norton and use a different activation procedure as may BestBuy.

Some stores, to reduce shoplifting, activate the product at checkout so that would be no good for you especially if it starts the clock running!

Note also that there may be some special editions with Gold added to the name and those may use a KEY that will not activate you installed version -- with Norton 360 you have to be careful to match to Standard or Premier according to which you have installed.

So just ask when you buy or use a reputable online source like Amazon -- I see £48 there.

Hugh
Kudos0

The aspect that is anoying me is that it is Norton's own website which is offering a 50% discount for new customers.

Kudos0

I have had Norton 360 for several years and set to renew3. Last year I already noticed that buying a new boxed product would be significantly cheaper than renewing on line. This year however even the download price at norton.co.uk is twice as much as the renewal option available within my account. Must I really buy again to get the best price?

Kudos0

The website quoted ts not a Symantec website.

Kudos0

It seems you can currently get a one year Norton 360 package from the Symantec website for £29.99, whilst my annual renewal is being offered at £64.99.  Surely that's a like for like comparison.

Kudos0

DGFerguson wrote:

The aspect that is anoying me is that it is Norton's own website which is offering a 50% discount for new customers.

DGF and LGC

That's classic marketing to attract new users which every company wants ... it might be gone tomorrow.

Buy where you can safely and cheaply if price outweighs anything else.

BTW The url you gave is a typo? It's a company making plastic model airplane kits in Leicester ....

Hugh
Kudos0

Sorry, I typed the address by heart rather than checking. The correct location was www.norton.com/uk_site. The actual URL for the half price offer is http://buy-static.norton.com/norton/ps/3up_uk_en_navnis360_br_nf_360.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_ic:gb:ggl:en:e|kw0000000559|18407649028&country=GB

sorry for any misdirection

Kudos0

Those prices are pretty close to the prices out in the "real world" so go for whichever is best for you ....

You will lose nothing by contacting Support via CHAT and asking them to match the New price for renewing you existing subscription -- I think I have heard of this happening. "If you don't ask you don't get ...." as my Grannie used to say ....

Hugh
Kudos0

You are free to purchase your product form any reputable seller to take advantage of the best price. The renewal option is good for those that prefer the convenience continued protection without having to hunt around for the product.

Many of us don't mind a little surfing around a little to save some money.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.

Replies are locked for this thread.