• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton antivirus 2012 using product key from Norton 2013 ?

Hello I have Norton Antivirus 2012 with antispyware it has expired.  Can I put the product key code from Norton antivirus 2013 ? I have Dial-up and dont want to update  to 2013 just would like to put product key code from the 2013 product and resume my updates for my norton 2012. Running Win Xp

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton antivirus 2012 using product key from Norton 2013 ?

mrfish wrote:

Hello I have Norton Antivirus 2012 with antispyware it has expired.  Can I put the product key code from Norton antivirus 2013 ? I have Dial-up and dont want to update  to 2013 just would like to put product key code from the 2013 product and resume my updates for my norton 2012. Running Win Xp

Thanks

Welcome,
In theory it should work. We have had some cases where it doesn't. When that happens your need to contact customer support

http://www.norton.com/chat

and get them to help you

Keep us posted

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

YOU CAN'T USE NORTON 2013 PRODUCT KEY FOR NORTON 2012, IS NOT POSSIBLE.....LOL....

BIGBEN FOR YOU.....
Kudos0

TEMITOPE8037 wrote:

YOU CAN'T USE NORTON 2013 PRODUCT KEY FOR NORTON 2012, IS NOT POSSIBLE.....LOL....

Are you saying this from experience?

There have been some problems with 2013 product keys not working on earlier versions. Some did work, some did not. Symantec are aware of this and if you run into this problem, Support will supply a valid key.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I used my Norton 2013 key on my 2012 install for my new computer running Windows 8.  No problems.  Maybe it was just a fluke.

Kudos0

I noticed the antivirus thing after I posted.  I was working with NIS 2012-2013.  I have no idea how the stand alone Norton antivirus software would work.

Kudos0

Glad to hear you have things working.

Can you clarify what products are involved? Your first post says you had Norton Antivirus. Your last mentions Norton Internet Security.

The product keys are not interchangable, so you may have confused the product names.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Yes, from experience. I have been using Norton for sometimes now......

BIGBEN FOR YOU.....

Replies are locked for this thread.