• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

call blocking

I have already asked a couple of times, but nothing's changed. I'm using a HTC one xl running Android jellybean (4.1.1). The call blocking option in NMS always switches my phone's profile to silent when receiving a call from an "unknown" number, which is okay, but then the app doesn't switch the profile back to normal again after the call has been blocked. So first of all, is there a fix coming for this problem? Secondly, would it be possible to add the option to block "private" numbers as well please? I am currently being  inundated with calls from people who, for whatever reason, don't want to leave a return phone number. PLEASE PLEASE! Make it possible for me to block these offensive and inconsiderate calls. I am receiving them in sufficient volume as to be interfering with and delaying not only my work, but also my privacy! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: call blocking

Hi shegb79.

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums.

Well I say welcome as you are shown as being a "Newbie" and I appear to be responding to your first post but you say that you have "asked a couple of times".  I do not recall this question here.  May I ask where you tried before as I would hate to think we are inadvertently missing questions people think they are putting but which for some reason are not getting through.

As to the call blocking issues themselves I am surprised that NMS is changing your phones profile on receipt of "unknown" calls.  Can you confirm that you have received "unknown" calls when NMS has not been installed and that this has not happened?

I have not used the Call Blocking feature to block "Unknown" callers but I had assumed that if this option were selected then any caller who withholds their number would also be blocked.  You appear to be saying that this is not the case for you.  Can you confirm this?

As said above I have not heard of either of these problems before.  It may be an issue with your specific phone or with jellybean.  I will ensure that the relevant Norton team are made aware of the issue and you may see a Norton Staff member posting in response.  Norton staff have their forum names in bold red type.  The rest of us are just users like yourself who hang around trying to help others.

What version of NMS are you using?

I look forward to your response and wish you good luck.

Mike
Kudos0

As to your question about whom I've contacted, the app developers, who incidentally are really hard to get any feedback from. I have also requested adding the option to block "private" numbers as well, but nothing's been done about either issue. The changing of my phone profile started with the first blocked "unknown" call. NMS is the first app I've had which offers the call blocking option. Before that, no issues and nothing else has changed. I'm using whatever the latest update is frrom google play for the version.
Kudos0

Thanks for that background shegb79.

I have been trying to find out a bit more about the issue as well but so far no luck.

Stay tuned and hopefully something will appear before too long.

Good luck.

Mike