• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Network Error. Please check your Internet Connectivity

My network connectivity is fine, look at me posting on your forums. But I think something may be wrong with *YOUR* network connectivity. Is anyone else having this issue?

--TD "The brain is useless. We must find another brain." --Dr. Henry Frankenstein (1932)

Replies

Kudos1

Re: Network Error. Please check your Internet Connectivity

Yes. I cannot log in to my Norton Account using either my smartphone or my desktop computer. Log ons keep failing. The problem seems intermittent. Most of the time I cannot log into my Norton Account, therefore cannot log into my Identity Safe on the Cloud server. This stinks!
Kudos1

I have the same problem for the last 30 minutes. Is there a fix or should switch over to LastPass

Kudos1

This is the precise reason that the ID Safe Vault should have never been moved online only. Their servers go down or get hacked and we cannot access passwords. Bad, bad idea!

Accepted Solution
Kudos2

It's working for me now. They must have rebooted their server. ;-)  I was able to login and use my password. But I was kinda up sh*t creek for a while there.

Bad design flaw. No server is up 100% 24/7. But we need our passwords 100% 24/7.

--TD "The brain is useless. We must find another brain." --Dr. Henry Frankenstein (1932)
Kudos0

In my VERY humble opinion...Norton/Symantec need to do a much better job of keeping their customers "in the loop" when these little (little??  did I say little??) glitches occur.

A friendly, "We are having an issue with the Norton Identity Safe Cloud Server and hope to have the problem resolved shortly.  Thank you for being a VALUED NORTON CUSTOMER!"    or something similar--ON ALL THE NORTON COMMUNITY BOARDS FOR WIDEST DISSEMINATION--would I'm sure be MUCH appreciated by your cu$tomer$.

Please give this some due consideration?  Pretty please?  With a cherry on top??  I mean, like, a BIG cherry??  Thanks.

Kudos1

I have had this problem for two days now..... any fix on this yet

Kudos1

mwolverine89, Identity Safe on both browsers (IE8, Chrome) and smartphone app are working okay for me now.  I can only assume that it "fixed itself," ie the cloud server is working again (or whatever).  If yours still isn't working, then your issue may be a little more serious.  Suggest you try restarting your phone--including removing the battery (which is what I eventually did while trying to troubleshoot it)--or computer, then try logging in again.

I hope Norton will consider advising its customers that temporary "issues" such as this (which are apparently not caused by the customers' equipment/apps) are ongoing.  Just a little "CURRENT SYSTEM ISSUES" blurb or something, on the Community "home page," or something very similar.  Other companies (fb, YouTube, Google, Twitter, et al) provide similar feedback to their customers...it's time for Norton to step up, too.  (In my humble opinion, of course.  )

Replies are locked for this thread.