• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton internet security 2013 - does not works well in windows 8 pro

I am having Dell Inspiron 14 R laptop with Windows 8 professional with Norton Internet security 2013.

Problem is Norton internet security too often fails to perform Custom scan, quick scan, full scan and also live update.  I dont know whether i am protected or not. Kindly Norton give an product update which works completely with Windows 8.. it is been disgusting.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton internet security 2013 - does not works well in windows 8 pro

knsaravanakumar wrote:

I am having Dell Inspiron 14 R laptop with Windows 8 professional with Norton Internet security 2013.

Problem is Norton internet security too often fails to perform Custom scan, quick scan, full scan and also live update.  I dont know whether i am protected or not. Kindly Norton give an product update which works completely with Windows 8.. it is been disgusting.

Welcome,
Please go to support -> about and tell us which version of NIS is installed. The current version is 20.3.0.36. If this is not your running version please run live update and download it. After it is installed and you have run live update until the program tells you that all of the updates have been downloaded and installed reboot again. After all of that please check on the operating of NIS and please post back with the still existing problems. I'm running that version on a W8 test system and have not seen any of the problems you are describing. We may have another player in the game

Keep us posted

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

Version 2.3.0.36 is not generally rolled out at the moment, maybe expecially for latest Win8 corrections, look here :

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Product-Update-20-3-of-Norton-Internet-Security-and-Norton/td-p/913389

I only have it (Dutch) on one W7 system since a couple of hours and not on my W8 system yet, so it may take a few days.

On WIn7 it looks good up till now.

Regards, Hugo

W8.1 Update 1 / W7-SP1 with IE11 and FF 32.0.2, TB 31.1.1, NIS2014 21.5.0.19 and N360 21.5.0.19, Android 4.2 with NMS 3.8
Kudos0

reinstalled the norton internet security 2013 and worked

Replies are locked for this thread.