• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton Studio App

My Norton Studio App shows some Chinese Language while my windows in Norwegian and Norton installed in Norwegian and no Chinese Language installed!! How to make this show right?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Studio App

Did you activate it (or your Norton App) using a key from a purchased copy ..... if it came from China it is possible you will find a language problem.

Could you tell us where you downloaded the Norton Studio App from -- from a Norton website or from a third party site like Softonics etc ?

With a bit more information I can ask for help from Norton staff who know about the system.

Just as background, Windows 8 auutomatically includes many more languages when you install it than earlier versions of Windows did.

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi - Norton was bundled with my HP PC when I bought it from an authorized HP dealer in Norway. Since I have extended the Norton Internet Security subscription that initially came bundled with the PC, however the Norton Studio language problem persists. Do I need to activate the Norton Studio separately?

Kudos0

<<  Since I have extended the Norton Internet Security subscription that initially came bundled with the PC ... >>

Was that a renewal on line with Norton or by purchasing a new copy and using the key on the old installation?

Sorry to have so many questions. I have contacted a Norton Staffer asking him to get a follow up on this -- the reason for all the questions is that something similar to this has happened before but not, so far as I know, with Studio.

I don't know enough about Studio to know if it needs activation or not -- the PC Norton Management does not in itself since it is there to keep track of the activated products.

We may not hear anything until after the weekend so please be patient.

Hugh
Kudos0

Appreciate all the help!  The renewal was done on line with Norton, i.e. I renewed and paid for the extended one year license online from Norton!

Kudos0

Everything sounds normal, so far as what you have so let's see what comes up from Norton Staff once the holiday weekend is over.

Hugh
Kudos0

Make sure you have updated to the latest Norton Studio version that's in the store.  Latest version is 1.2.0.13.

Kudos0

I tried to update to latest version but was notified by Norton Studio that I already owned this app, and  My Norton Studio App continued to show the Chinese Language. The SOLUTION was to remove the app and thereafter reinstall. So now it is working fine. Thanks for the help!

Kudos0

I'm glad you resolved it ..... without even a little bit of help from your friends ....... apart from the suggestion to update which may well be the solution ....

I can only assume that the factory in China where the system was built must have used a Chinese key to activate your preinstalled trial .....

Don't let this stop you from coming back if you need help .... or can give it .....

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.