• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Quick Scan Not Working...

I noticed I had a red exclamation mark over my Norton icon on my HP notebook running Windows 8. I clicked it open and it when I click to Scan Now nothing happens. When I click Attention a box pops up that says Quick Scan not fixed. When I clicked to fix it it doesn't...it acts as if it is trying when I click Support and the Auto Fix runs but it just says it didn't find any issues. I assume that is fine but I would like to fix this. Anyone have any ideas? I appreciate the help.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Quick Scan Not Working...

ConnieHill wrote:

I noticed I had a red exclamation mark over my Norton icon on my HP notebook running Windows 8. I clicked it open and it when I click to Scan Now nothing happens. When I click Attention a box pops up that says Quick Scan not fixed. When I clicked to fix it it doesn't...it acts as if it is trying when I click Support and the Auto Fix runs but it just says it didn't find any issues. I assume that is fine but I would like to fix this. Anyone have any ideas? I appreciate the help.

Welcome,

You might try running the NOrton Remove and Reinstall Tool

www.Norton.com/nrnr

to be sure that you have a clean, complete copy of the software on your system. Be sure to run live update after the install and reboot so that you are up to the minute

Keep us posted

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

Hello ConnieHill,

If the problem persists even after running the  Norton Remove & Reinstall tool, please collect log files.

Here is how you can collect it:

1) Visit the below site:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-core/current/solutions/kb20080801181832EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
2) In the end, no files will be sent to Symantec automatically. You will be shown the location of the logs after you complete the form after hitting the "finish" button.
Let me know when you have the logs ready, I will help you to upload it.

Thanks!

Vineeth

Kudos0

What version of NIS are you using? Support - About

Be sure you have run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

update display adapters ..and try a rescan ..i had similar problem ..running windows 7 everything fine after update

Replies are locked for this thread.