• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1

virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

Hey Norton community

I have some problems with my computer every minute there comes a message from my norton product "opt_content[1].js is dangoures and have been removed" but it keeps popping up i have tried a full system scan and norton power ereaser but it keeps popping up it´s like when it gets removed it comes back.

hope someone can help

Replies

Kudos0

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

Hey Norton community

I have some problems with my computer every minute there comes a message from my norton product "opt_content[1].js is dangoures and have been removed" but it keeps popping up i have tried a full system scan and norton power ereaser but it keeps popping up it´s like when it gets removed it comes back.

hope someone can help

Kudos0

Exactly the same thing!

Kudos0

IHM wrote:

Hey Norton community

hope someone can help

Please go to one of the free sites listed and get trained volunteer assistance

http://forums.whatthetech.com/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/

Malware removal is not done in these open forums

Keep us posted

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

Same here. Full scans and Advanced System Care scans for malware did not remove it.  I normally use Internet Explorer and have had continual Norton messages about opt_content[1].js. I moved to Google Chrome and so far the messages do not come up.

Kudos2

Same issue exactly - started yesterday.  And none of these forums you recommended recognizes opt_content[1].js in a search.  Absolutely no help whatsoever.  This is a Norton issue and you shouldn't fob us off on some other forum.  Why can't YOU address the issue?

Kudos2

Same problem. This is serious. Norton should address.

Kudos0

I have the same problem and tried the Norton Power Eraser, full scans and all provided instructions to no avail.

Kudos0

I have the same problem, glad Norton is grabing it! Please help.

Kudos0

please get this fixed norton.... took 5 minutes just to register with this popping up all the time... i can't run my business this way... need this asap please

Kudos0

8 complaints from new members with 1 post and nobody else? Seems odd...

Kudos0

I am receiving the same annoying messages.  Please fix this promptly. 

Kudos0

Never posting means nothing....I have never had a problem and had a reason to get on this forum
Kudos0

I am having the same problem too. I haven't downloaded anything recently. same story as you other folks.

norton keeps removing opt_content[1].js and opt_content[2].js every 30 seconds. it is linked to internet explorer im pretty sure as its the only time im getting the messages. it also keeps freezing explorer.

i have pop-ups disabled but im getting alot in the actual web browser.

norton has blocked 2 high intrusion attempts today.

norton power eraser does NOTHING. full system scan shows NOTHING.

also im not sure if this is relevant, but i never noticed atieclxx.exe runnning in task manager before.

this is extremely annoying.. i can usually fix these problems.. but there is no USEFUL info anywhere! help us! 

Kudos0

Java updates are triggering it. It's a false positive that Symantec is producing or Java (oracle) didn't test for the signature or definitions from antivirus companies.

It blocks Java updates, and removes the update service, control panel Java update button too.

I confirmed the issue then opened a ticket with Symantec.

Symantec would like me to make an exception but I would like them to actually tell or verify its not real. Right?

Try and download java and see!

Kudos0

blakvelvet wrote:
Never posting means nothing....I have never had a problem and had a reason to get on this forum

Maybe, but now there is another new member. 9 new people and no older members? Also no evidence of this on any other forums. Not trying to pick on anyone but there is no specific information here. Screenshots? Method to reproduce? I am not getting this issue.

Kudos0

bruce6202 wrote:

Java updates are triggering it. It's a false positive that Symantec is producing or Java (oracle) didn't test for the signature or definitions from antivirus companies.

It blocks Java updates, and removes the update service, control panel Java update button too.

I confirmed the issue then opened a ticket with Symantec.

Symantec would like me to make an exception but I would like them to actually tell or verify its not real. Right?

Try and download java and see!

Java? That might explain it. I surely do not use Java anymore.

Kudos0

Kudos0

Same thing has been happening to me for the last 3 days.  This is very annoying, so please help ASAP. Almost every time I click on anything on a web page or try to go to a new web page, I get the Norton notice.  System scans and updates have not worked.  I also tried to update Java and it said the bundle did not download, (or something like that). 

Kudos0

We are on Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1Ru1 (soon to be upgraded tomorrow to 12.1.2 mp1)

this is also only with Microsoft Internet exploer as far as I know, google and others should be fine.

Kudos0

I am having the same problem.  Norton Internet Security 2013 keeps poping up a small window saying that opt_content[1].js is unsafe and that it deleted it, but the issue never goes away.  I looked for the file in the directory it identified, and indeed it was deleted from there. Somehow though it keeps coming back. We need Norton to come up with a fix. This is pretty much making my browser inoperable.

Kudos0

i removed java earlier to see if it was the problem but it still keeps popping up. every 30 seconds.

Kudos0

I uninstalled java and no longer have the problem
Kudos0

i just signed up today because i got this message i can link a screenshoot

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

This is soooo annoying.  I uninstalled Java but it didnt help.  So frustrating.  Next step is to take computer in to a professional, try and get rid of this virus and install a different anti-virus.

Kudos1

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We're looking into this now.

In the mean time we investigate on this, We need more information from you so we can narrow this down.

• May I know the version [8, 9, 10] of Internet Explorer that you are using?
  • Could you check if you have any new add-ons installed in the Internet Explorer? (Screenshots would help better)
  • Please attach the screenshot  which shows the "opt_content[1].js" Block.
Mohanakrishnan G | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

I'm constantly receiving this message in Internet Explorer. Hav just now upgraded from IE9 to IE10. No difference. My computer is Windows 7 64 bit. What's going on? Thanks in advance for helpful responses.

Kudos0

Same problem here. I'm new to PC and all this stuff. Where is the answer?

Kudos0

This began happening after I downloaded FileZilla, which a comany I do contract work for recommended it for up- and downloading files to its FTP site. I was multitasking, so I perhaps wasn't paying enough attention the the various screens that popped up, but did notice it was asking me to click OK or Agree a larger number of times than I would expect. Shortly after that, my home page on I.E. was changed to Delta Search and a flashing Delta search button appeared on my browser toolbar. I changed it back to NPR, but I've noticed that ads have appeared on the NPR page, including some that would be very atypical of NPR, such as "Your computer is about to crash, click here NOW to fix" and congratulations-you-are-a-winner type ads. Since then I've also been experiencing a lot of "Internet Explorer has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" messages, particularly on Outlook Web access to my work email. Generally just reloads the window when that happens. I'm new to PCs, so I'm unfamiliar with a lot of this. I don't know what version of I.E. I have, it's whatever the newest one is. I just bought this laptop last week. Also don't know how to take a screen shot in Windows. Operating system is Windows 8. Hope this helps.

Kudos0

Hello guys,

Just get rid of the same issue on one of our user's workstations.

- Open Start menu and into the search bar type in iexplore -extoff and press Enter. It will start the Internet Explorer without any addons.

In case the message won't apeear you can be sure that the issue is caused by one of your Internet Explorer addons.

In my case the problematic addon was called bcool (which seems to be created by justplug.it technology) but I were not able to  remove it from IE directly. Anyway, after I removed it through Control Panel >Programs and Features, problem disappeared.

Hope this will help you. :)

Kudos0

Thanks for looking at this finally, Mohanakrishnan

Problem started 23/04/2013. Possibly started when I installed 'Expat Shield' an IP address re-router (now uninstalled).

Windows 8

IE10

Popup block examples attached.

Browser addons list attached.

May be something to do with 'Dealply' as when I right click the back button on IE10 "Dealply" it always appears as the previous page even though it does seem to display.

As stated it's not detected or repaired by running a scan. I don't think it's a genuine NIS message.

Many thanks

Sam 

Kudos0

Another victim here....It started about 2-3 days ago. Happens on a lot of sites I visit most forums, I have seen it on eBay, Atuozone.com PIA every time you navigate it takes a long time and the warning pops up. I just renewed my subscription yesterday very frustrating. I will try to post screen shots as requested. I have IE9, I didn’t notice any new add-ons but not sure what or were to look.Hope you guys get this fixed soon. This is the first issue I had over a year since I started with Norton.ThanksBruce from Florida 
Kudos1

This is also my first post and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have this problem. Hopefully someone will find a solution for this soon,

Kudos0

1: i use ie10

2: i never check my toolbars but there are only 2 i dont know. they are called (1:{45D8438C-B51D-47A8-AEEA-9061535F25F1} 2:Breowse2savue)

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Same problem continuous for the last few days.  Running IE 8, Windows XP and Norton Security Suite provided by Comcast/Xfinity.  Only recent update was with Java on 23 Apr (atch) which I have disabled with no effect - a few hours later Norton started detecting and removing opt_content[1].js every few minutes (atch).  I also have noticed DealPly in my explorer history as well as a frequent popup with two options (atch).

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

It started Yesterday;  I am running XP Home Media, IE8

Full Path: c:\documents and settings\owner.ups2\local settings\temp\temporary internet files\content.ie5\4o201vmq\opt_content[1].js
Threat: Adware.Popuppers
On computers as of 4/24/2013 at 11:52:40 AM
Last Used 4/24/2013 at 11:54:04 AM
Startup Item No
Launched No
High
This file risk is high.

File Thumbprint - MD5:
17552840697b4fff4692aa9ac574802d

Kudos0

Went to add/remove programs & searched by dated of use and found GetSavin installed recently. Uninstalled it & popups gone.

Kudos0

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall   GetSavin  

This worked for me on IE8 XP

Good Luck  Greg

Kudos0

greggeorge wrote:

Went to add/remove programs & searched by dated of use and found GetSavin installed recently. Uninstalled it & popups gone.

Did you downlaod anything from CNET recently? A litle searching turned up that they are packing this with some downalods.

Kudos0

I don't have that program installed on my computer - never did! I keep getting this message - really bugs me as I haven't done a thing! no matter what site go on ... g-mail, facebook, google search it comes up! any other suggestions???
Kudos0

Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall InfoAtoms.  It is Adware that is Free Browser plugin that supposedly enables you to highlight text on any website and get instant search results, translations, synonyms and more. This removed the problem for me.

Kudos0

I haven't installed any adware recently. Just upgraded Dropbox. This problem appeared from nowhere!

Kudos0

I have had same problem for 2-3 days  and its somehow related to Norton & IE.

It does NOT occur when I use only chrome and IE is not enabled.

I have IE10 and Norton 360.

I have only Google Toolbar, Google Search and Shockwave as an addon enabled.  

I forwarded the message from Norton 360 that says it deleted the opt_cpontent[1].js (click details) - msg sent to Symantec by clicking on std send to Symantec for further analysis

I hope Symantec fixes this FAST its very annoying

TiborS

Kudos0

I checked for recent install.  Get Savin was installed along with some freeware.  Unistalled it and the malware notice went away.  Problem solved for me at least.

Kudos0

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall GetSavin.

Norton finds and removes the opt_content[1].js file but GetSavin puts it right back the next time you change the browser page.

You will see GetSavin 5.0 by AdPeak, Inc. in the browser manage addons but it won't let you delete or disable it. Thus you have to uninstall it from add/remove programs.

Kudos0

Everytime I sign onto my Internet Explorer 10 I keep getting a pop up showing that Norton is analyzing opt_content(1) and then it deletes it.  But every search in IE results in the same pop up and file being deleted.  I visited the sites suggested and could not find any reference to this file or how to delete it.  I also looked for program 'GetSavin' and 'Info Atoms' and they are not installed on my computer.  Appears to be the same issue everyone else is having.  This just started 2-3 days ago.  A solution would be nice.

Thanks

Kudos0

Guys, I had this situation yesterday. Tried everything -- uninstalls, scans, power eraser, rebooting, etc. -- and I lucked out by finding another virus protection on Cnet: The trial version of Ad-aware anti-virus knocked it right out on its first scan (which took 3 and a half hours, but whatever it takes, right?)

Now, this could be a coincidence or not, but that message no longer pops up for me. This isn't a knock on Norton, they've been great for me and I'll continue to use them -- sometimes you just gotta throw everything at a problem and hope something sticks.
Kudos0

I was getting fed up trying to fix the problem myself so I went to the source ... Contacted Norton live chat support ... After waiting about 10-15 minutes ... A tech support started to chat ... I explained the issue... I gave permission for him to fix the problem on my computer remotely ... And they are all gone!  The issue is with Internet Explorer ... And tool bars ... If you are still getting the message ... Contact Norton ... Through support ... Enter in a little into ... name e-mail etc ... And click on live chat ... Trust me ... If you have to wait 30 minutes or an hour ... Its worth the wait!!!!!  They will fix your PC perfectly!!!!!  WTG Norton ... Now I know why I deal with them!!!!! 

Kudos0

Did you get charged for this service?

Kudos0

Appears I have same issue, to date have experienced on average a cycle of a norton advice message and norton clearance message  sometimes every 15 seconds, other times 2 minutes over last 3 days

Kudos0

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 *** Norton 360 v21.6.0.32

Replies are locked for this thread.