• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/

Does Norton have any way to erase this from my system?  Using Firefox 20.0.1 in Windows 7. Have tried manually through the registry and about:config in Firefox and Norton's Power Eraser.

Thanks for any help.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/

Does Norton have any way to erase this from my system?  Using Firefox 20.0.1 in Windows 7. Have tried manually through the registry and about:config in Firefox and Norton's Power Eraser.

Thanks for any help.

Kudos0

Please go to a malware removal board like the one on the Bleeping Computer Forum.

Quads

Kudos0

I just had this problem and was able to resolve it. I did numerous google searches and this is the site i found that helped me: www. anvisoft.com/resources/how-to-remove-proxy-allsearchapp-comappstart-search-from-my-browsers-removal-guide

I went to controll panel to remove anything that i thought was out of the ordinary and weird  i also went into my internet settings, default browser settings, homepage settings, etc and look for anything that has url's in them.  i saw a name in my extensions that said social privacy,  the extensions manager said this was not installed by google ( I use google chrome) so i deleted it, (be sure you are deleting and not disabling). After following the instructions on that site I was able to remove it (I believe) 

The common urls i saw are in a screenshot below but  the ones listed in red are for sure the ones associated with this problem, the rest of them do not look familiar to me, but may be different for others. also some of the names are really obvious i cant remember the exact name but it read something like "protect privacy" or "hacker manager" names of programs you would remember if you installed them, and they also did not have any information like if i were to hover over them or right click etc. 

I hope this works for you!

[Removed]

[Edit: Removing personally identifiable information to conform with the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service]

Kudos0

Thanks, I was using that site as well.  The final solution came when I edited my user.js file in my profile to remove all its entries there.  Haven't seen it since.

Replies are locked for this thread.