• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

norton safe web

hi, have a simple question

i have activated norton safe web (from NIS) and first 2 weaks it worked properly

then , something hapened and i have  no longer seen the evaluating pictograms when im accesing web

someone can help me with that issue?

im using IE, mozilla chrome..the pictograms dissapeared from all browsers

Replies

Kudos0

Re: norton safe web

Make sure your antivirus defintions are up to date and then on each browser, go into Tools/Options/Addons or something similar, and check they're all enabled. That maybe, is all you need to do. Then check that the appropriate toolbar is checked. Usually under View Tab/Toolbars in your browser.

Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1 NIS V 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

ty for answer

i have norton vlnerabilty protection and ofc ourse norton toolbar on mozilla

on IE i have as a plus norton identity protection

all enabled

is that all i need?

Kudos0

ok thats very frustrating

i see that when i do a search using google, norton safe web is muted

when i use bing (think that was preinstaled on my computer, but i never used before) norton pictograms are there;

i have a NIS online from romtelecom and my provider doest offer any support to me, saying i have to ask for support directly from  norton company

its any difference between a norton online  product and and others?

Kudos1

Hi emmab,

NIS Online is very similar to the retail version of NIS and I canunderstand why an ISP (romtelecom) does not provide support for NIS and uses the Norton Forums - I have seen the same basic ting occur with Comcast (my ISP).

In regards to your situation with Google,  there is a work around in this thread.  It is a bit confusing at first - but is explained in greater detail in posts following the inital recommendation.

Hope this answers your questions.

Kudos1

emmab wrote:

ok thats very frustrating

i see that when i do a search using google, norton safe web is muted

when i use bing (think that was preinstaled on my computer, but i never used before) norton pictograms are there;

i have a NIS online from romtelecom and my provider doest offer any support to me, saying i have to ask for support directly from  norton company

its any difference between a norton online  product and and others?

Hi emmab,

Please see here. You will find more detailed explanations in following posts on pages 3 & 4 of that same thread.

Hope it will work for you as well.

Laura

Edit: I meant pages 2 & 3, sorry.

Kudos0

Rainbow_2 wrote:

Hi emmab,

Please see here. You will find more detailed explanations in following posts on pages 3 & 4 of that same thread.

_________________________________________________________________________________

@ Yank

Yank,  

I'm awfully sorry. I'd not seen your post above, not even when I edited!

Laura

Kudos0

No problem Laura, us Gurus even trip over each other from time to time with the timing of our posts.  I did Kudo your post in hopes you would relieze there was no problem - actually - I probably should have given you credit when I referenced your post! 

Kudos0

im using WINDOWS  8 and IE and MOZILLA

well, i  have read all the posts and followed the steps:

IE : in the "search settings", i selected "Never show instant results", NOTHING HAPENED, i changed my home page with something like https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay NOTHING HAPENED

i tryed through the search bar on IE with ggogle NOTHING AGAIN

I dont know if there is a reset button for IE because that is the only thing which worked with Mozilla: i used the reset button then i found a button called perhaps  "safe search" near to the options button (you were talked about) and i pressed something there (in the midle) then our gorgeus pictograms appeared.That button dissapeared too on all browsers (was a specific google button) and i had enough.

Conclusion: IE refuses to work with the fabulous Norton safe web

I do pay for that product and dont think someone wants to pay me for resolving such issues , i spent more than 4 hours today!!!!

In the morning, IE with BING and the fabulous NORTON SAFE WEB were working

Now, that stoped again and no pictograms there!

Kudos0

ok i just noticed how to reset IE , i did it, and now i have my gorgeus pictograms on!!

I hope i dont need to reset IE every day , to make use of such a fabulous thing as norton safe web. wondering what will hapens tomorow...

Replies are locked for this thread.