• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Internet Explorer Security blocking Adobe Flash Player

I'm running Internet Explorer 10 under Windows 7 Home Premium. Recently, IES started blocking Flash Player every time it tries to start, usually multiple times per web page. It's made Internet Explorer almost useless--I spend all my time telling IES to allow Flash Player to operate. How do I fix this problem?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Internet Explorer Security blocking Adobe Flash Player

I'm running Internet Explorer 10 under Windows 7 Home Premium. Recently, IES started blocking Flash Player every time it tries to start, usually multiple times per web page. It's made Internet Explorer almost useless--I spend all my time telling IES to allow Flash Player to operate. How do I fix this problem?

Kudos2

Hi vforrest,

Is this what you're seeing?

That is not a Norton popup.  It is Adobe Flash Player asking for permission to allow the site you are viewing to store Flash content on your computer.  You can eliminate the popup by going to the Website Storage Settings Panel in the online Flash Player Settings Manager, making the permissions changes that you want and then checking the "Never ask again" box.

There is also a local settings manager accessed via Windows Control Panel, but the website storage settings are a bit different.  You can globally block, allow, or be prompted for all sites that  request storage, and you can also select each option on a site by site basis.

Kudos0

No, what I'm seeing is a dialog box that says:

"Internet Explorer Security

A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer.

This program will open outside of Protected mode. Internet Explorer's Protected mode helps protect your computer. If you do not trust this website, do not open the program.

Name: Adobe Flash Player

Publisher: Adobe Systems Incorporated

Do not show me the warning for this program again"

I guess I could check the last dialog box. Is that the best solution?

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Kudos0

Thank you.

Kudos0

You're welcome.  Glad that link was helpful for you.

Replies are locked for this thread.