• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Will Norton continue to support XP after next April?

Microsoft has announced the end for XP support as of April 2014.  There will be no more security updates after that.  I believe Microsoft is serious about ending XP support.

However, many businesses will still be running XP after April.  Those of us who maintain PCs will still need to work on them.  It would be nice to have a supported anti-virus product.

Will Symantec continue to support AntiVirus and Internet Security on XP after next April?  Has an official policy been announced?

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1

Re: Will Norton continue to support XP after next April?

baroque-quest Hi, 

As XP will not be changing in any way after April 2014, I don't see that any effort will be required by Symantec to support the program, especially as many businesses and individuals will be continuing to depend on it and Norton to protect them.

No announcement has been issued and, as Microsoft may again later decide to amend their decision, I expect Symantec to wait until much nearer the final date.

Cheers,

drshlomo.

Kudos0

Re: Will Norton continue to support XP after next April?

drshlomo wrote:

No announcement has been issued and, as Microsoft may again later decide to amend their decision, I expect Symantec to wait until much nearer the final date.

I hope Microsoft amends their decision. I'm still running 2 XP computers.

"The world is full of nice people…… If you can’t find one, be one."

Replies are locked for this thread.