Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Welcome to Norton Satellite
To download Norton Satellite to your Windows 8 device Click here
- On the Windows 8 Start screen, click the Store app to open the Windows Store.
- Browse the store to locate the Norton Satellite app.
- Click on the Norton Satellite app.
- Click Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Where can I get more information on Norton Satellite?
The Norton Satellite app uses the reputation-based threat detection to provide information on security threats and trust-worthiness of URLs and files. Norton Satellite is an app that works only on devices with Windows 8 operating system.
Norton Satellite lets you do the following:
- Scan your Facebook News Feed and view the security levels of all the available URLs on your Facebook News Feed.
- Scan your Twitter Timeline and view the security levels of all the available URLs in your Twitter Timeline.
- Scan your Dropbox cloud storage to view information on security threats and trust-worthiness of the files.
- Scan your SkyDrive cloud storage to view information on security threats and trust-worthiness of the files.
- Scan a file or folder on your device and view information on security threats and trust-worthiness of the files. The device can be a desktop, a laptop, or a tablet running Windows 8.
Note: This feature is not available on devices with ARM processors.
If you find malicious URLs or suspicious files, you can resolve these security risks and stay protected.
You can install the Norton Satellite app from the Windows Store. Your device must be connected to the Internet to use Norton Satellite.
The Norton Satellite app is not a replacement for any security product. By using Norton Satellite you can only find the security threats on your Facebook News Feed, Twitter Timeline, Dropbox cloud storage, SkyDrive cloud storage, and devices but cannot resolve them.
You can access all the features and view the timestamp when the scan was last run from the Norton Satellite main window.
Thanks & Regards,
Sunil G A
Norton Forums Administrator
Consumer Products & Solutions