• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Licenses installed on old computers

I have all three of my licenses "installed" but only one computer left that I know it is installed on.  How can I find out where Norton thinks it is still installed and how do I release those so that I can reinstall them on my new laptops?  Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Licenses installed on old computers

I have all three of my licenses "installed" but only one computer left that I know it is installed on.  How can I find out where Norton thinks it is still installed and how do I release those so that I can reinstall them on my new laptops?  Thanks

Kudos0

Thanks, but I can't find the list of all three subscriptions to choose from.  It just says 3 installs, 0 available

Kudos0

Hi married51,

Please go to Norton Mangement - it sounds like you are in Norton Account.  Norton Management shoujld be a widget on the right side of your N 360 main page.  It should show the name of the three systems it is installed in on the Home Tab and the My Account Tab > Product Details. You can use the Trash Can (Remove License) to remove old systems from the license.

Let us know how you get on.

Kudos0

married51,

If you can't identify which is which computer of those listed when you look at Norton Management one of the Norton Staff suggested that the easy way to deal with this, especially since you only have one computer still active, is to use the Dustbin to deactivate all three computers and then from within your active computer to open up the Norton Main Screen and click on Support / Subscription Status.

I think this should reactivate that installation automatically but if it does not then you can just click on Renew and wait a moment for words like Have existing Key and enter that key which you can read in Norton Management -- in fact you can use the normal windows commands to copy it from the Norton Management and paste it into the space in Renew ..... and the system will break it down into the groups; you don't have to do that.

Once you have things sorted out I suggest you give that computer a user friendly name in Norton Management and do that each time you use a new activation.

Hugh
Kudos0

married51 wrote:

Welcome,

You can use your MyNortonAccount or Norton Management to release the two subscriptions that are assigned to nonfunctioning computers. If you have any problems you can also contact customer support

http://www.norton.com/chat

and they should be able to resolve the problem

Keep us posted

DickWin7x64 SP1 current NIS V21

Replies are locked for this thread.