• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1

unknown "Software download complete" box appearing?

I recently started getting a "Software download complete" grey message box in the lower right corner of my screen asking to "install now" or "install later" for unknown software. Does anyone know what this might be - I keep clicking later???

Replies

Kudos0

Re: unknown "Software download complete" box appearing?

I recently started getting a "Software download complete" grey message box in the lower right corner of my screen asking to "install now" or "install later" for unknown software. Does anyone know what this might be - I keep clicking later???

Kudos0

jasphoto wrote:

Hi Jasphoto,

'Unknown Software' doesn't sound at all like it would be from Norton. If you could post a screenshot to the forum in your post, that could help.

Instructions for posting screenshots are located here ... How to post screenshots in the forum.

Ed

Kudos0

I

I have the same thing

Kudos7

I had this, also. There was no way I was going to click on either button, not knowing what it was. By ending processes one-by-one through the Task Manager until the the dialog went away, I tracked it down to a program called UA.exe. This a Verizon application to support Samsung Android phones. So, it should be safe to click on the 'Install Now' button. However, the developers of the software should be fired for being so stupid as to put up such an anonymous dialog box.

Kudos0

jstew,

" However, the developers of the software should be fired for being so stupid as to put up such an anonymous dialog box."

Is much too nice. Assign them to the help desk to field all of the user calls and let them explain why they did it to a few thousand irate individuals. Then fire them. Maybe they will do better at their next job. [no very evil grin icon available]

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

Thank you so much!! i have stared at that little box for a few days, unsure which button would be safer!!

Kudos0

Norton needs to add  unknown  unknown "Software to the scanners that way if finds  unknown Software it will remove it

Kudos0

Uniblue products also have the same sort of pipup,  and some users are unaware that they have any uniblue products installed, and than can't at times remove (uninstall) them also.

Quads

Kudos0

Thank you!!!!

Replies are locked for this thread.