• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Windows 8.1 preview.

Got norton 360 Now it works but you need fix for windows 8.1 much better soon :)

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows 8.1 preview.

Got norton 360 Now it works but you need fix for windows 8.1 much better soon :)

Kudos0

robertmc8 wrote:

Hi,

The compatible version of 360 will be released shortly AFTER microsoft releases the final version of w8.1

Too hard to keep up with a moving target until then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

robertmc8 wrote:

Windows 8.1 is a beta or test version of Windows. If you want to be a software tester, you can try the beta of Norton products.

Remember this is not for your daily use computer as test software can corrupt your whole system causing you to lose all your data and programs. You should only test on a separate computer or set up a dual boot system.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

How did you get norton 360 to work with with windows 8.1 Preview

Kudos0

It's actually incredibly easy. I don't know why people are having such a hard time; I've gotten it to work just fine with 2 computers so far.

Install 8.1 --> Install windows updates

Uninstall Norton 360 (I used iobit uninstaller to uninstall it, but I didn't do any kind of "power scan" to clean up the excess files). Make sure you mark "keep settings" when uninstalling N360 (it'll save you the trouble of having to re-register and using up 1 of your 3 norton lisences).

Reboot Computer

Reinstall N360 and your settings and lisence should be automatically imported. Firewall + AV + AntiSpyware all seems to work perfectly.

After the install is complete it will say something about compatibility issues, but if you just hit close, it continues on working fine. Maybe it's a recent win 8.1 update or maybe it was always this simple, but I only started using win 8.1 yesterday.

Kudos0

I don't know what you are talking about.  First of all, when you install the Windows 8.1 preview, at least, when I installed it, it removed any copy of Norton 360 (or NIS) that was installed on Windows 8.  Secondly, if you download the current version of Norton 360 (not beta, the one we all purchased and the one that is supported) it will not install on Windows 8.1.

Kudos0

BBurgDave wrote:

[ ....]   Secondly, if you download the current version of Norton 360 (not beta, the one we all purchased and the one that is supported) it will not install on Windows 8.1.

Dave,

I know what you are referring to but it is not correct the the N360 now in release (2013 / V20) will not install in WIndows 8.1. For me Windows 8.1 said it was not compatible but you can click on something that says go ahead anyway and don't put up this message again.

And then it works fine ....

Hugh
Kudos0

huwyngr wrote:

BBurgDave wrote:

[ ....]   Secondly, if you download the current version of Norton 360 (not beta, the one we all purchased and the one that is supported) it will not install on Windows 8.1.

Dave,

I know what you are referring to but it is not correct the the N360 now in release (2013 / V20) will not install in WIndows 8.1. For me Windows 8.1 said it was not compatible but you can click on something that says go ahead anyway and don't put up this message again.

And then it works fine ....

Just remember if you do this, you will not be able to get support from Norton if you have trouble. Win 8.1 is still a beta OS that is not supported by Norton.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.

Replies are locked for this thread.