• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

2013 Norton Internet Security Installation Question

I currently have the 2012 NIS installed on my PC.  I have 5 days until it expires, so I pucrchased NIS 2013.  I'm attemptiing to install it from the disc.  I started the installation and there is a window which reads:"Initializing Norton Internet Security  Please wait..."

There is also a yello progess bar with a white are flowing through it, giving the impression that the installation is in progress.

That was two hours ago.  I can't imagine that it is supposed to take this long, but I don't want to mess up the install.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 2013 Norton Internet Security Installation Question

I currently have the 2012 NIS installed on my PC.  I have 5 days until it expires, so I pucrchased NIS 2013.  I'm attemptiing to install it from the disc.  I started the installation and there is a window which reads:"Initializing Norton Internet Security  Please wait..."

There is also a yello progess bar with a white are flowing through it, giving the impression that the installation is in progress.

That was two hours ago.  I can't imagine that it is supposed to take this long, but I don't want to mess up the install.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Kudos0

Re: 2013 Norton Internet Security Installation Question

edhoch wrote:

Thanks!

Hi,
Sounds like things go exactly as planned. Please use the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool to clean up the incomplete installation and upgrade the existing version.

www.Norton.com/nrnr

Since you still have time on your existing subscription there should be no problem. After the new version is installed, activated and updated [you will need to run live update] you can then click on the word 'renew' and enter your new key. Look for the 'I have a new key' and click on that so you get the correct screen for enting your key. The renewal key you would get by doing the online renewal is shorter.

Keep us posted

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU

Replies are locked for this thread.