• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

High CPU usage alert

I keep getting a High CPU usage alert and I don't know what it means or how to fix it.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: High CPU usage alert

I keep getting a High CPU usage alert and I don't know what it means or how to fix it.

Kudos0

Hi pm8255

If you click on more details when the message slides out and wait for a Norton window to open.  On the left hand side of this window are options you can click on to allow you to investigate a little more.  Then repost if you like with an image of the details.

How to post an image in the Norton forum.  Please check that personal information is edited out this can be done using the paint programme see help and support from the start menu.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Forum-Tip-How-to-post-screenshots-in-the-forum/td-p/254415

ATB

intesec

Kudos1

These alerts usually involve a CPQU or hard drive intensive process that is running and using a high amount of system resources.

There is usually nothing wrong with your system. It is just a way for you to track how your system in case you do have some problem. It is usually just for a short period of time.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

peterweb wrote:

These alerts usually involve a CPQU or hard drive intensive process that is running and using a high amount of system resources.

There is usually nothing wrong with your system. It is just a way for you to track how your system in case you do have some problem. It is usually just for a short period of time.

I have a fairly adequate system, although now it's probably a fossil * lol *  , and i will occasionally see the "High Useage" popup message when I'm multi-tasking, particularly when I'm using one of my DVD burners. 

I've not seen it popup when I'm doing normal everyday surfing, with Outlook open and a few other apps open at the same time.

I thought about disabling the Norton popup but its appearance is brief and I like to be informed by the Norton popup's in the Tray.

Here's my PC specs:

Processor : Intel i5 650 Dual Core 3.20 GHz Cache 4MB  Threads: 4 

HDD:  SEAGATE BARRACUDA (3ea) 3.5” INTERNAL 1Tb 16 MB 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA III 6Gb/s

Mother Bd : ASUS PRO P7P55D-E

Memory : Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz

Replies are locked for this thread.