• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos2

Identity Safe Doesn't Auto Fill Forms with Identity Cards

NIS 21.0.1.3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Identity Safe installed on Firefox 23.0.1, Chrome 28, and IE10.

Identity Safe is not able to Auto Fill any form correctly using the Identity Cards. Tony Weiss said that "drag and drop:" was a new feature but it doesn't work right. When you try to drag and drop the entire Identity Card info, it doesn't work - nothing happens. Eventually I discovered that you have to drag and drop each piece of stored  infromation separately from the Card, to do it. First Name, drag and drop - Last Name, drag and drop - Email Address, drag and drop - Address, drag and drop - City, drag and drop  - Telephone, drag and drop. If this sounds insane, it is. With the previous vesion, it was ONE CLICK  and everythign relevant to that form was automatically filled in. If this was done intentionally this way for any reason, it's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen Norton do - unless it's just a bug in the new version. I've reported this three times already.

There is no setting at all in the new identity safe for Auto Filling in a form with Identit;y Cards. The Auto Fill a form  feature is supposed to fill in ALL relevant information from the Identity Cards at once. Dragging and dropping the ENTIRE CARD is what I thought TJony Weiss meant, because he ddidn't say that was any different and it's the way it should logically work, in additon to individually selected data, which would be a good addtion, but that clearly doesn't work at all.  It should logicallly work EXACTLY the same way as the previous version did - with one click -  with dragging and dropping the ENTIRE Identity Card, with a SINGLE drag and drop, with the OPTION of individually selecting items separately.

If the Developers think this is and "imrovement", for whatever reason, they're going to get tons of complaints on this, unless it's just a bug in the new version. This has to be fixed by the Developers, or the feature needs to be changed, so ti's a genuine improvement and not a regression, because it's extremely cumbersome and annoying.

Auto Fix  didn't find any problems.

Testing with the Toolbar in Chrome and IE10 show exactly the same problem with all three browser Identity Safes.

Auto updates are working and up to date.

Replies

Kudos1

Re: Identity Safe Doesn't Auto Fill Forms with Identity Cards

CheckMate wrote:

NIS 21.0.1.3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Identity Safe installed on Firefox 23.0.1, Chrome 28, and IE10.

Identity Safe is not able to Auto Fill any form correctly using the Identity Cards. Tony Weiss said that "drag and drop:" was a new "improves" feature but it doesn't work right. When you try to drag and drop the entire Identity Card info, it doesn't work - nothing happens. Eventually I discovered that you have to drag and drop each piece of stored  infromation separately from the Card, to do it. First Name, drag and drop - Last Name, drag and drop - Email Address, drag and drop - Address, drag and drop - City, drag and drop  - Telephone, drag and drop.

UPDATE: I found another  bug  with some forms. It's impossible to drag and drop your first and last name, which are on two separate lines in the Identity Safe Card, when some forms want you to fill in your full name on only one line, such as some  petitons. On one form, I couldn't even drag and drop my Email address for a petition because it kept telling me that I was trying to log into Verizon.net!

Frankly, dragging and dropping each line separately is actually SLOWER than typing the first  letter and letting the browser provide the auto fill which only needs one click for each line. This Identity Safe feature was very poorly thought out and beta "tested".

I'll be filling in forms manually from now on until this is completely fixed.

Replies are locked for this thread.