• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Windows 8 apps will not update

I also have a problem with updating the windows 8 apps in the store. It says the windows firewall is not activated and doesn'y enable the apps to update in the store. But my norton controls the firewall. I cannot acces the setting of the windows firewall, to activate it. What should I do to let my windows 8 apps update?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows 8 apps will not update

I also have a problem with updating the windows 8 apps in the store. It says the windows firewall is not activated and doesn'y enable the apps to update in the store. But my norton controls the firewall. I cannot acces the setting of the windows firewall, to activate it. What should I do to let my windows 8 apps update?

Kudos0

Re: Windows 8 apps will not update

florimond wrote:

florimond wrote:

Welcome,
The windows firewall is always deactivated when you have a Norton product that includes the Norton Smart Firewall. If you right click on the Norton idon in the systray one of the options is to disable the Smart Firewall.

It should not be necessary but I'm not the microsoft expert here.

Have you rebooted since the last update of Norton or the OS?

Keep us posted

DickWin7x64 SP1 current NIS V21

Replies are locked for this thread.