• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos3

Identity Safe crashes in chrome

Have installed latest 360 and find Identity Safe crashes in Google Chrome - On laptop with same result uninstalled/reinstalled chrome and Identity Safe now does not appear in chrome extension list either. Extensive search has not found resolution anywhere. All live updates applied

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Identity Safe crashes in chrome

Have installed latest 360 and find Identity Safe crashes in Google Chrome - On laptop with same result uninstalled/reinstalled chrome and Identity Safe now does not appear in chrome extension list either. Extensive search has not found resolution anywhere. All live updates applied

Accepted Solution
Kudos6

Seen this TS somewhere else -- Hope it will help you

Remove extension from the settings window.

Go to the location c:\program files\norton 360\engine\<version>\extension, drag, and drop chrome.crx to the settings window of google chrome.

Click on yes to allow installation of the extension.

Restart Google Chrome.

Kudos0

Thanks mate - After all my searching I am grateful for such a simple and straightforward solution

Kudos0

This solution worked for me as well after numerous AutoFix's Running Installation Repairs and innumerable computer restarts over the past 4 or 5 days..  Any users having the 'Norton Identity Safe has Crashed' error with Chrome should try this fix.

Win 8.1x64_ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz_32GB Ram_N360P_Free MBAM_ 21.5.0.19_FFox 31.0_Chrome 37...102

Replies are locked for this thread.