• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

The NEW norton 360 update

Hello,

I just happen to come here tonight and saw the NEW 360 update post and you get it for free. So I went there and installed the new update.

It killed my internet connection. Could not browse websites or even validate this new version.

I removed nortons completely, ran the norton removal tool as well. And my internet came back. I logged into Norton management and did the things I need to do there to re-install. I re-installed and it killed it again. I removed it again and came back here to check things out. I currenlty don't have it on my HD.

I will stress it worked perfectly fine till I updated to the NEW 360. Been almost a year without any incidents.

I use Windows 8

Thanks

Dan

[edit: Fixed posting error.]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: The NEW norton 360 update

There was no other security software that was being used.

Thanks

Dan

Kudos0

Hi ktekomodo

What trial security software came with the computer?

Even if it was uninstalled debris data can affect Norton, so you need to run the removal tool as mentioned in post 2 of this thread.

ATB

intesec

Kudos0

No trial software came with computer. I built it myself and Purchased windows 8 back when it was 39 bucks. At that same time I bought Nortons, it automaticlly disables windows defender.

Anyway I had Nortons working Just fine UNTIL I updated Nortons.

I am going to try and re-install nortons.

I will let you know what happens

Always optimistic

Kudos0

This is what happened Norton tech support took me off the new version and put me on the version I had previous to this joy ride and everything is working again.

Here is the transcript with the excellent tech support I had

7:04 PM

Support session established with Harish Sharma J.

Remote Control started by Harish Sharma J.

Harish Sharma J: Hello Daniel

Daniel Mason: hi

7:05 PM

Harish Sharma J: The Norton is installed.

Daniel Mason: this is the old version not the new right?

Harish Sharma J: With the newer version there are some issues and we are awaiting a patch to be released.

Daniel Mason: sweet thanks for doing this for me!

7:06 PM

Harish Sharma J: My pleasure . Helping you

7:07 PM

Harish Sharma J: Any thing else i can help you with today ?

7:07 PM

Daniel Mason: That is it have a great night

7:08 PM

Harish Sharma J: You too Daniel. and thank you for choosing norton have a nice day

Thank you Norton especially Harish and the lady before him cherish

Accepted Solution
Kudos2

ktekomodo wrote:

Hello,

I just happen to come here tonight and saw the NEW 360 update post and you get it for free. So I went there and installed the new update.

It killed my internet connection. Could not browse websites or even validate this new version.

I removed nortons completely, ran the norton removal tool as well. And my internet came back. I logged into Norton management and did the things I need to do there to re-install. I re-installed and it killed it again. I removed it again and came back here to check things out. I currenlty don't have it on my HD.

I will stress it worked perfectly fine till I updated to the NEW 360. Been almost a year without any incidents.

I use Windows 8

Thanks

Dan

Do you by chance have an Asus motherboard in the system you built? Did you install the  utilities that come with an Asus MB?

If so, check this users experience with the iNetwork Control Panel.   http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Nis-2014-problem-Internet-navigation-in-windows-8-pro/m-p/1018143/highlight/true#M244302

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Are you serious OMG LOL I have Asus M5A97 R2.0 and I do have the utilities installed that is just messed up stuff!

Later on I am going to uninstall it and see what happens. And post back with my findings.

Thanks Peter

Dan

Kudos0

Asus was the issue just uninstalled the software and did the upgrade to Norton 21 thanks for the help everyone

Kudos0

Glad to hear you got things working again.

We are here if you need us again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Hello,

I use Windows 8

Thanks

Dan

[edit: Fixed posting error.]

Kudos0

Hi ktekomodo

Updates or upgrades introduce different data to the system that can then cause various conflicts.

Use the process below to remove your previous security programme.  What trial security software came with the computer?

You’ll need to download and save the removal tool from the security software’s main website or use the singularlabs website on the link below and choose from the list.

http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software

Uninstall using windows add/remove programme.

Restart the computer.

Run the removal tool.

Restart the computer.

This process should be done for each security software to be uninstalled, meaning one at a time.

ATB

intesec

Replies are locked for this thread.