• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos1

Identity Safe Fill Assistant

Upgraded to N360 v 21.1.  Operating system is WIN 7/64.

Fill assistant does not automatically fill credit card info on web site.  It just displays info on right of screen.  A message said to drag and drop to fill fields, but it only works with individual fields, not the entire page.  Everything worked fine before upgrade.  How do I make it work as in prior version?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Identity Safe Fill Assistant

Hi gfs32,

I hate to say it, but I believe the only way to make it work as it did before was to revert back to v20.

I agree that Norton made a muddle of the new ID Safe and most of it's user interface.

Kudos0

Norton says it does as before.

From Norton website:

"The Fill Assistant feature helps you fill online forms if Identity Safe skips to fill in some fields in the forms. The Identity Safe uses the addresses and the wallets that you saved to automatically fill forms and bank details on websites. This way, you do not need to fill the lengthy forms that ask for your personal information such as name, date of birth, and phone number. You also need not type your bank details or credit details every time you shop online. If the fields in an online form are not filled, Identity Safe automatically opens the Fill Assistant. You can use the Fill Assistant to fill in such fields. All you need is to choose an address or a wallet from the Fill Assistant and then drag and drop the required information to the webpages."

Kudos0

Norton says it does.

See from Norton:

"The Fill Assistant feature helps you fill online forms if Identity Safe skips to fill in some fields in the forms. The Identity Safe uses the addresses and the wallets that you saved to automatically fill forms and bank details on websites. This way, you do not need to fill the lengthy forms that ask for your personal information such as name, date of birth, and phone number. You also need not type your bank details or credit details every time you shop online. If the fields in an online form are not filled, Identity Safe automatically opens the Fill Assistant. You can use the Fill Assistant to fill in such fields. All you need is to choose an address or a wallet from the Fill Assistant and then drag and drop the required information to the webpages."

Kudos0

Hi,

When you goto a form page, can you just try clicking on any of the form fields present on the page? The Fill form infobar will only be invoked after you click on any of the form fields allowing you to chose a card to fill in the page automatically.

Let us know if that works, if not, please let us know if you are seeing this specific to any URL or browser.

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

Thanks for the tip. I indeed had to left-click the Firstname field in the form field in order to get a small menu strip across the top listing sever user info cards as selections. Once I selected card, the fields were partially filled in. The two missing fields were th "FirstName & LastName" fields.

I'm not sure if this is a socalld feature OR just an oversight that slipped thru the testing cracks, but I hope this can be addressed and corrected.

Thanks in advance . . .

TomJ.

Kudos0

Hi,

This feature change of showing up Fill Form info-bar on left clicking the fields was there in the product for long time now. This was actually brought in for reducing some annoyance to the users where many users don't want to see the infobar unless the intention is to fill in the page and the change was brought like only when users intends to fill the fields, the first name or last name(such fields) would be clicked and they would need to show the infobar only then.

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

Thanks Prasanna,

Indeed the prior versions of the Norton toolbar would always offer card & login options for a form that had to be filled in without any prior event clicking input from me. And I get the annoyance from some who only want to react when there is something the you actually want to interact with. That's why this was a surprise for me. But thanks for your quick response. . .

Tom J

prasanna_a wrote:

Hi,

This feature change of showing up Fill Form info-bar on left clicking the fields was there in the product for long time now. This was actually brought in for reducing some annoyance to the users where many users don't want to see the infobar unless the intention is to fill in the page and the change was brought like only when users intends to fill the fields, the first name or last name(such fields) would be clicked and they would need to show the infobar only then.

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos3

Thank you for the response.

The proceedure you suggested does not work. I tried it using the Norton website (purchase a Norton product). It appears that this major change (upgrade ???) to the identity valut is not ready for prime time. If there were an easy way to revert back to the old version, I certainly would. Changing to a completely new UI with no warning is not a best practice.

Replies are locked for this thread.