• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Toolbar Still Incompatible with Firefox 25.0.1

Although the problem is supposedly fixed, Norton Toolbar is still listed as incompatible with Firefox 25.0.1 on my Windows 7 laptop (but not my Win XP desktop). I've updated to the latest version of Norton Internet Security (version 21.1.0.18) and run Live Update until it says "not required," rebooted and restarted Firefox, but still no Norton Toolbar. How can I get the toolbar to work?

Thank you,

Terry

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Still Incompatible with Firefox 25.0.1

Hi,tmorse. Have you checked Tools/Addons in Firefox and checked to see if the Toolbar is disabled ?

Also you can check View/Toolbars on the Menu Bar, and see if the Norton Toolbar is ticked.

Failing all that, a full overinstall of Firefox will often fix the problem. I have the same specs as you, and it's working fine.

Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1 NSwB V 22.0.2.17 Laptop----NIS V 21.6.0.32 Desktop
Kudos0

Terry,

Could you let us know what version of Norton Idsafe Toolbar is listed on your FF-Addons page?

Thanks

Princi

Kudos0

Norton Toolbar is disabled in the add-ons manager, with no enable button. The version is 2014.6.0.27. Norton Toolbar isn't listed on the View/Toolbars menu.

Terry

Kudos0

Hi, Terry. The latest version should be 2014.6.1.2. Have you tried a fresh Firefox overinstall, after Live Updating ?

Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1 NSwB V 22.0.2.17 Laptop----NIS V 21.6.0.32 Desktop
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi tmorse,

If no joy with F4E's suggestion, please see the following:

This is a situation I have come across before in NIS, N360 and NSS with previous FF upgrades. Following the exact procedure that follows has produced the desired results of the NTB appearing in FF. Do not add any addtional steps such as running the Norton Removal Tool, as that may cause you to lose your ID Safe, customised settings and will also remove any other Norton programs you may happen to have installed.

It is highly recommended you export your ID Safe data prior to starting this procedure.  You should not lose it during the procedure - but please export it as a precautionary measure.

Please do the following in the order I list:

Totally uninstall Firefox

Download a fresh copy of Firefox 25.0.1 from here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/

Install the fresh copy of firefox.

Download a fresh copy of your Norton product from here:

NIS - http://norton.com/latestnis

Remove   your Norton product using Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs if you are using XP) - do not run the NRT as you'll want to keep your Identitiy Safe and other settings.

Install the fresh copy of your Norton product. Run LiveUpdate (rebooting as requested by LiveUpdate) as many times as necessary for it to respond with the specific words  "no updates found" .

Once all that is done in the order I am asking for you to do it, please look at "Add-on's" and see if Norton Toolbar 2014.6.1.2 and Norton Vulnerability Protection 12.0.3.2-1 are listed and shown as enabled.

Do you now have the Norton Toolbar in FF 25.0.1?

Please let us know how this goes.

Kudos0

It worked. Thank you.

Terry

Kudos0

Hi Terry,

You are welcome - glad you got it sorted!

Replies are locked for this thread.