• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Failed to complete update

Hi everyone......

When I clicked on Liveupdate this AM I get the message "failed to complete update".....

has anyone else had this problem today?

I rebooted the computer but it still persists.

thanks

Replies

Kudos1

Re: Failed to complete update

Same here and it's more or less becoming a constant as of late.

However, earlier this AM I did update two other machines with no problem.  Just sit back and wait I guess.

I've been using Norton products since Peter had his picture on the box and I've never had this many errors in so short a time frame. Past month or so it's been almost expected.

But this to shall pass. Hang in there.

Chatham

Kudos0

Probably some temporary issue with one of the internet servers between your computer and the Norton Update servers, causing some corruption in the download.

If you see the problem for more than a day, you can post back here to see if it is something elas.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I've had the same problem, on and off, for several weeks.

Some days it does not happen, other days it does. When it does happen, I usually retry several times (usually with the same result: Updates Failed to Complete). Then I wait an hour or so, and the problem goes away .. if not, I wait and try again .....

Today, the pulse upsates were successful, all the others failed. After about an hour, I tried again, and all updates were successful.

It may be a "temporary" issue, but it is a recurring issue (besides this thread, I found several others all complaining about essentially the same issue). Prior to several weeks ago, I rarely saw this problem (maybe once a year) ... now it's once every few days.

Kudos0

geek47 wrote:

I've had the same problem, on and off, for several weeks.

Some days it does not happen, other days it does. When it does happen, I usually retry several times (usually with the same result: Updates Failed to Complete). Then I wait an hour or so, and the problem goes away .. if not, I wait and try again .....

Today, the pulse upsates were successful, all the others failed. After about an hour, I tried again, and all updates were successful.

It may be a "temporary" issue, but it is a recurring issue (besides this thread, I found several others all complaining about essentially the same issue). Prior to several weeks ago, I rarely saw this problem (maybe once a year) ... now it's once every few days.

Hi,

I'm going to guess that it's going to get worse before it gets better. The online shopping season is ramping up and the network traffic is going to be intense. After the first of the year it will drop off a bit. Not as much shopping and a bunch of new users who got computers for Christmas.

Stay calm, stay well, surf safe

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

dickevans:

Thanks for your reply.

>The online shopping season is ramping up and the network traffic is going to be intense.

I don't remember a spike in "Failed to Complete" updates occurring around this time of last year. But I fear you are correct about it getting worse before it gets better ... I have not seen any posts from Symantec (i.e., Tony_Weiss) acknowledging that the problem even exists.

Replies are locked for this thread.