• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome

Hello all, my first post & it is to do with this subject.

I have just upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 & now I have no toolbar or Identity Safe when using Google Chrome.

I tried updating my Norton & the version I have is 21.1.0.18

My laptop is an HP Presario G6 installed from new with Windows 8.

Id Safe & toolbar work in ie11 but don't use that as all my user sites are stored in Chrome.

Can anyone help with this problem?

I also tried using the Norton Removal Tool but that did nothing at all.

ATB,

Steve.

[Clarified subject]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome


steshaw63 wrote:

Hello all, my first post & it is to do with this subject.

I have just upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 & now I have no toolbar or Identity Safe when using Google Chrome.

I tried updating my Norton & the version I have is 21.1.0.18

My laptop is an HP Presario G6 installed from new with Windows 8.

Id Safe & toolbar work in ie11 but don't use that as all my user sites are stored in Chrome.

Can anyone help with this problem?

I also tried using the Norton Removal Tool but that did nothing at all.

ATB,

Steve.

[Clarified subject]


Hi Steve and welcome to the Forums!

 

First thing, do you have the Norton Secured icon  at the upper right?  If so, rightclick on it and select "Manage" (or something like that... I'm not sure what word you will see - my OS is not in English thus I cannot say it exactly, however it is the last option in the dropdown list).

The Chrome extensions page will be returned: check if Norton Identity Protection is listed but not enabled, and enable it.

 

If the Norton Secured icon is not there, click on   (at the upper right as well)  >Tools >Extensions: again, if Norton Identity Protection is listed but not enabled, enable it.

 

Please let us know how it went.

 

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome

Norton is enabled in Chrome, everything has been updated. Norton toolbar & identity safe work in Internet Explorer 11 but not in Chrome.

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome


steshaw63 wrote:

Norton is enabled in Chrome, everything has been updated. Norton toolbar & identity safe work in Internet Explorer 11 but not in Chrome.


Hi,

Could you please post back what Norton product and version you are running (GUI >Support >About)?

As to Chrome, just to avoid any misundertandings, I guess it's current version 31.0.1650.57?

Thanks.

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome

Hi,

Chrome is Version 31.0.1650.57 m

Norton Internet Security version 21.1.0.18

Hope this is of some use.

Tried all settings & updates again but still all the same.

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome

Hi Steve,

In this post The user justraza explains how he/she fixed the issue on his/her system.

You could perhaps try if it works for you too, of course with the necessary changes since justraza is running N360 (previous version 20.4.0.40) while your are running NIS?

 

Hope that helps and look forward to hearing from you.

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome

NTB was missing in Chrome for me also some time ago.  I remember manually going into /Programs and finding the chrome.crx file and dropping into chrome to enable it.  Now NTB is missing again in chrome and in /Programs I can't even find a chrome.crx file.

Norm Sash
Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome

Same issue here. Norton button is in the toolbar, but does nothing when clicked. I also am not prompted to enter my password when I go to a page with a login.

Norton Internet Security 21.1.0.18

Chrome 32.0.1700.41

Norton Identity Protection 2014.6.0.27

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome

Still trying everything over & over but no success. Everything appears to be there but don't work.

Why is someone from Norton themselves not trying to help us out, we pay for this service & it's very frustrating.

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome


steshaw63 wrote:

Still trying everything over & over but no success. Everything appears to be there but don't work.

Why is someone from Norton themselves not trying to help us out, we pay for this service & it's very frustrating.


Hi Steve,

I can tell you that Norton are checking out this issue.

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome

Thanks for the reply but it is so frustrating. ):

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome


steshaw63 wrote:

Thanks for the reply but it is so frustrating. ):


I understand but can't tell you more at present...  Sorry!

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Missing in Google Chrome


y3tk wrote:

Same issue here. Norton button is in the toolbar, but does nothing when clicked. I also am not prompted to enter my password when I go to a page with a login.

Norton Internet Security 21.1.0.18

Chrome 32.0.1700.41

Norton Identity Protection 2014.6.0.27


Hi y3tk,

 

Chrome current stable version is 31.0.1650.63 m while you have version 32.0.1700.41 which is still in Beta Phase thus the Norton Toolbar is not fully functional yet.

For more information please have a look at this post: the user kmreece is in the same situation as you...

Replies are locked for this thread.