• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 2014 Anti-Virus Program Installation

I purchased Norton 2014 Anti-Virus program for 3 pc's about 6 weeks ago.  Yesterday I had a problem with the Live Update part of the program where the updated definition files would not install.  I tried to manually run the Live Update feature but got a message that said failed to complete.  The tech representative told me to uninstall the program, run the Norton Removal Tool and then re-install the program.  That solved the problem but what I'm unhappy about is that I now only have 1 installation left instead of 2.  Norton counted 2 installations for the same computer.  I don't thin that is right.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 2014 Anti-Virus Program Installation

osubuckeye wrote:

I purchased Norton 2014 Anti-Virus program for 3 pc's about 6 weeks ago.  Yesterday I had a problem with the Live Update part of the program where the updated definition files would not install.  I tried to manually run the Live Update feature but got a message that said failed to complete.  The tech representative told me to uninstall the program, run the Norton Removal Tool and then re-install the program.  That solved the problem but what I'm unhappy about is that I now only have 1 installation left instead of 2.  Norton counted 2 installations for the same computer.  I don't thin that is right.

Hi,

It isn't right. But, you must remember that you are dealing with a binary computer.

The choices for resolution are to contact customer support chat here

http://www.norton.com/chat

or use Norton Management or your MyNortonAccount to delete the subscription you are not using so that you regain your ability to place NAV on two more computers.

Keep us posted

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU

Replies are locked for this thread.