• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos69

Norton Toolbar / Google Chrome 32 Compatibility issue

Hi everyone,

If you use the Norton Toolbar on Google Chrome version 32, you may have noticed recently that the Norton Toolbar does not appear in the browser.

We've identified a compatibility issue due to Google Chrome policy changes affecting extensions like our toolbar and our team is working hard to resolve this issue quickly.

Thank you for your patience while we fix and test these updates.

When we have more information to share, I will add that information to this thread. If you wish to stay informed of these updates, I recommend subscribing to this thread.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar / Google Chrome 32 Compatibility issue

Hi everyone,

If you use the Norton Toolbar on Google Chrome version 32, you may have noticed recently that the Norton Toolbar does not appear in the browser.

We've identified a compatibility issue due to Google Chrome policy changes affecting extensions like our toolbar and our team is working hard to resolve this issue quickly.

Thank you for your patience while we fix and test these updates.

When we have more information to share, I will add that information to this thread. If you wish to stay informed of these updates, I recommend subscribing to this thread.

Kudos13

Re: Norton Toolbar / Google Chrome 32 Compatibility issue

UPDATE: A patch has been released that resolves most of the compatibility issues with the 2014 products. Please be sure you're running the latest version of Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, or the Norton Toolbar Standalone. Then run LiveUpdate to receive the patch. If you are still unable to see the Norton Toolbar, please follow these steps. Thanks.

Replies are locked for this thread.