• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

POP UPS - VIDEO & SURVEY

I have been getting video and "survey" pop ups for the last month.  How can I get rid of them!  They come up every time I'm on the internet.  Driving me crazy!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: POP UPS - VIDEO & SURVEY

Hello and Welcome

This sounds like either a malware problem or a PUPs problem. My recommendation in both cases would be the same. I would recommend that you pay a visit to one of the free malware removal sites that we recommend to users of Norton products. You didn't mention what Norton product you use and what version it is.. You also didn't give any information about your computer.

Please visit one of these sites and register with them. They will work with you on a 1 to 1 basis in the proper environment. Here is my macros for the sites.

Please go to one of these free Forums for help in removing your bad malware or rootkits.

(Thanks to Delph for providing the list of sites)

Please see this link for an up to date description of these sites plus the addition of a newly listed site formed by one of our successful malware remover users. The new site is listed first in this link.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Tech-Outpost/Malware-Removal-Forum-Recommendations/m-p/1060209#M8608

Please come back and let us know how you make out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
Kudos0

Re: POP UPS - VIDEO & SURVEY

Hello TEMPS329,

Did you make way out?

Next time when you are installing some software, do not install the toolbars and other ADDONS provided by it behalf of some thirdparties.

You should be also cautious in downloading softies using exclusive download managers from various file hosting sites and should use plug-ins/extensions like adblock and adblockplus in your browsers as most these nuisance is caused by ads in webpages causing you to redirect to somewhere else.

These precautions will keep yourself safe. 

regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!

Replies are locked for this thread.