• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Identity Safe > toolbar disappeared in IE 11

Since I migrated to IE 11, I don't see the Norton Toolbar where all my password are stored. I see "Norton Toolbar", but not the one where I can login and access all my password. When I go to a website where I need to enter creditential, Norton is no more proposing my creditential...

I see that the problem was known for Chrome, but what about IE ?

If I go to: https://identitysafe.norton.com/# the "Download for Free" is not a valid URL:

The address is not valid   Most likely causes:
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
 What you can try: Retype the address. Go back to the previous page. Go back to the previous page.<span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span>

Thanks
Peche 01

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Identity Safe > toolbar disappeared in IE 11

Since I migrated to IE 11, I don't see the Norton Toolbar where all my password are stored. I see "Norton Toolbar", but not the one where I can login and access all my password. When I go to a website where I need to enter creditential, Norton is no more proposing my creditential...

I see that the problem was known for Chrome, but what about IE ?

If I go to: https://identitysafe.norton.com/# the "Download for Free" is not a valid URL:

The address is not valid   Most likely causes:
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
 What you can try: Retype the address. Go back to the previous page. Go back to the previous page.<span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span>

Thanks
Peche 01

Kudos0

Hi Peche01,

Please tell us which Norton Product you are using - NIS, N 360 or the Stand Alone ID Safe?  Also whihc version (Support > About) if using NIS or N 360.  Also please inlude you operating system.

FWIW, if you are trying to install the Stand Alone, the link has not worked for me in IE 10 for a few weeks - but does work in Firefox 26 for me.

You can check in IE11 Tools> Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Under Security ensure Enable Enhanced Protected Mode is unchecked.

Please let us know the info so we can better assist you.

Kudos0

Hello Yank,

Thanks a lot for answering !

• NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 21.1.0.18
    It has been installed on 14.11.2013 (add / remove programs) and I don't see other Norton product (excepted Ghost)
  • Operating system is Windows 7 ULTIMATE 64-bit Service Pack 1
  • In IE11, the checkbox "Enable Enhanced Protected Mode" is uncheck

What I don't understand: The Password Assistant (I don't know how to call it) was fully working, and suddenly, it stops working without any reason I understand (I think after Microsoft deployed IE 11 which arrive on my computer with other patch).
It always works for many months.

Is there any stand alone version I should use ?
It is also present in the MANAGE ADD ONS of IE 11 (see attachment).

Thanks a lot for your help
Peche 01

File Attachment: 
Kudos1

As long as you have Norton Internet Security, or Norton 360 installed, you cannot install the stand alone product you were trying to download from the Norton Identity Safe page.

IE 11 has caused a lot of problems with add ons. Not just Norton. If you can, try reverting to IE10 for now.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Peterweb,

I am not searching to download anything (I did not done so in the past and my automatic login were working perfectlly).

I would like to find a possibility to have the Norton Identity Safe to work.

Is it possible with IE 11 ?

Or are you saying that I need to revert to IE 10, it is the only browser which allow us to use the Norton Identity Safe ?

Same for Chrome if I understand, no possibility to have the Norton Identity Safe working ?

Peche 01

Kudos0

Peche01 wrote:

Peterweb,

I am not searching to download anything (I did not done so in the past and my automatic login were working perfectlly).

I would like to find a possibility to have the Norton Identity Safe to work.

Is it possible with IE 11 ?

Or are you saying that I need to revert to IE 10, it is the only browser which allow us to use the Norton Identity Safe ?

Same for Chrome if I understand, no possibility to have the Norton Identity Safe working ?

Peche 01

As I noted, there have been a lot of start up problems with add ons for IE 11.

You can try to disable all the Norton add ons, close IE and restart your computer. Then re enable the add ons and see if they are there.

Also ensure you have the Norton Toolbar enabled in the View - Toolbars menu options.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

For your information, and I don't understand why, the toolbar is back on Chrome and IE !

I did not done anything, and it re-appeared one day, I suspect that it was something linked to Norton...

Peche 01

Replies are locked for this thread.