• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton 360 protection of XP in Future

I am running XP on an older computer and am happy with it. I probably would have to buy a new computer to upgrade to another operating version's requirements. I know Microsoft is ending support In April 2014. XP is an older operating system, and most of the bugs are worked out of it. The loss of security updates would be my only concern. Would the Norton 360 take the place for my XP security over the Microsoft updates?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 protection of XP in Future

Hi GBertolet,

While there will be no more Security Updates for XP itself, here is what Norton says about their products:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v95977279_EndUserProfile_en_us

Accepted Solution
Kudos1

Also see:

How will the end of Windows XP impact you?

A major concern witn XP going forward will be that as security patches continue to be released for the newer Windows operating systems, the bad guys will be reverse-engineering them and testing to see if XP shares the same vulnerabilities.  If it does, XP is a sitting duck - those security flaws will never be fixed in XP.

Kudos2

Thank you for your responses. My computer is 11 years old, and would need several upgrades to handle windows 7. I could not justify the cost for this old of a computer, so I broke down and ordered a new one with Windows 7.

Kudos0

GBertolet wrote:

Thank you for your responses. My computer is 11 years old, and would need several upgrades to handle windows 7. I could not justify the cost for this old of a computer, so I broke down and ordered a new one with Windows 7.

You'll like Win 7,  When I bought my Desktop 3 years ago, I transitioned from XP to 7.  It went very well, easiest Windows OS upgrade for me so far.

Replies are locked for this thread.