Kudos0

Activate again

I have reinstalled my operative system and then I had to download and activate norton internet security so I could keep using it. But know I think that I maybe have to reinstall the OS again for solving some problems. The problem is that I don't have any more activations left on my norton account. Is it any way to reinstall my OS and then continue using my anti-virus?

/Alex

Respostas

Kudos0

Re: Activate again

Hello alujt09

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

The best way to handle this problem is to contact customer support via the free chat program. You can explain what has happened and they should be able to reset the activations for you. Here is the link for it. This is for the US/CAN. If you need another location, please let us know and we can try and find the local one for you.

http://us.norton.com/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

This is the link for US/Can. If you need a different location, please consult your local Symantec site for the local free chat customer support link.

Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004 N 360 22.20.5.39 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi, I use Norton AV (and NIS on another laptop which doesn' concern this) and am in Australia.

It's a long story, so bear with me.

I, not too long ago, installed Linux on my PC, for which a new partition was created and the boot loader for Windows Vista moved back a bit to make way for the Linux boot loader. Shortly after, I ran a battery calibration, for which I was supposed to wait for the battery to run out. But it was taking too long, so I restarted the PC anyway. And boom, Windows was dead.

Booted a Linux USB boot loader, found out that the Linux boot loader on the hard drive was all but gone and the partition that had been created for Linux  wiped out. Now, I couldn't load Windows either because when the hard drive read the first bits that appeared ----- nothing.

So, Linux was reinstalled, I loaded into Windows, but not without problems:

1. Linux was supposed to make Windows check for hard drive consistency, which it refused to do until later.

2. There was something with the registry initially too, preventing me from using certain softwares. Though it later resolved itself.

3. The clock was on the end of this century, in 2099!

So, there. My Norton AV is asking for a renewal which I did only a few months ago with a full year renewal.

I mean, come on. I payed as much as a 3-use new subscription for a 1-use renewal.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Kudos0

Hi hbogyt,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to know about the problem. I would recommend that you contact our technical support for immediate assistance. Please follow the link below to connect to our support representative over an interactive chat support session.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

Feel free to explain the situation to them and they'll be able to resolve the problem for you. Let us know how you get on.

-Venkat

Venkat Jammalamadugu
Norton Forums Administrator
Consumer Products and Solutions
Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.