01-17-2010 04:47 PM
In IE you can click Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Accessibility button. Check "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages" and OK. This will probably result in text that is too large so you will need to go to View > Text Size and decrease your setting. This is not a great solution, but it might help until the problem is fixed. Firefox users, by the way, can go to Tools > Options... > Content. Click the Advanced button under "Fonts & Colors" and set the minimum font size to whatever is comfortable. Text will then be rendered no smaller than the choice you have selected, while larger font sizes remain unaffected.
01-17-2010 06:45 PM
In my opinion, this update is a PITA! At least for now.
Why not go back to the previous Forum Software version, take all these suggestions and put them into a pilot system to test and modify? I think that it would be kind of easy to setup another live Lithium server to play with until it is ready for a prime-time rollout.
My eyes are still straining to read this.
- NIS 2009 • NIS 2010 -
Windows XP • Vista • 7 • IE 8
01-17-2010 11:49 PM
It's not that bad is it?? I hate the tiny font...and bright backgrounds but to take it out of action I would think that's a bit much to ask.The PITA things that drove me nuts in the previous version have been fixed and work well...like the spell check,if I add a colour to my words it stays,the one click and insert a smiley without clicking the box twice...I know simple things but they make me happy
01-18-2010 04:30 AM - edited 01-18-2010 04:48 AM
A lot of the pages are taking ages to load up. Especially the 'reply' page. Spending too much time on Tea breaks. Sometimes hitting the refresh button gees it up a bit. Also, when replying in Rich Text mode, although I put text on seperate lines, after posting, it puts it all continuous without any line breaks. This ought to have been trialled as a Beta.
See what I mean about Continuous ?
Took 3 mins to fully load this page to Edit this time, the cursor was inactive while waiting..
Have even been getting Browser timeouts on some pages.
01-18-2010 11:19 AM
Do the new engine supports Opera? With the latest one (v10.10) I found only one bug at the moment: If you click on reply and want to add a quote, you can do it only in the HTML tab, and you must add a <p> or a </br> tag after it if you want to add any text after the quote. I can click anytimes on the quote button when I'm on the Rich text tab, it just does nothing.
Other errors with it I didn't see, I can say it is fast and expidite as before.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v18.104.22.168, Norton Utilities 16
01-18-2010 11:42 AM
Any update on when the new forum interface is going to get fixed---It is ridiculous the way it is now.
We're working on the issues that have been posted to this thread. Thanks for letting us know about your concerns. We hope to have many of them resolved in the next day or two. Others may take a little longer to resolve, but we're working hard on them. Thank you for your patience.
01-18-2010 12:33 PM - edited 01-18-2010 12:36 PM
Ref. my earlier post about not being able to start a new line at the end of a sentence..
I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but I just posted a message to another thread, and after each sentence I put two fullstops..
When I posted it, it actually put the new sentences on new lines..
I'll see what happens here..
01-18-2010 12:39 PM
Curious, do you see the problem with both IE and Firefox? I am using IE 8 and have not seen this problem so I'm wondering if it is browser specific.
01-18-2010 12:54 PM - edited 01-18-2010 12:58 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for your continued patience while we do some fine-tuning to the forums. Below are the open issues that we're working on. We're working our way through the list, trying to find the best solutions to these issues. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Clicking CANCEL for a Private Message takes the same action as Send Message
High Severity Issues that we hope to have fixed tonight:
- Increase text size to Medium for certain areas where it is small
Medium to low severity issues that we hope to have fixed tonight:
- Add image gallery and video gallery to user profile
- Add TAGS to user profile
Medium to low severity issues that are still being fixed:
- when settings set to LARGE, text in post body is tiny
- highlighted post background color should change for the whole post, including gradient area
- Add section for "offline and online friends" to main Community page
- default Image Alignment setting for insert/edit image to be changed to "inline"
- If Macro title is longer than 45 characters in Post Editor, Editor buttons are pushed to right, behind the Editor Tabs
- Change Private Message icon to v8 icons (white/yellow envelopes)
- When viewing the Topics on a board, the gray bar separating floated/unfloated should be darker
- When canceling a post with another tab open to a different page, the orig tab goes to other tab page
- Move the board level right column items (kudos & tags) to the bottom of the board
- Restore Horizontal Rule button to the Editor toolbar
- When clicking a new post, browser goes to top of page, not to highlighted post