Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
Mike89

Gmail doesn't like this forum

Everytime I get a forum notification from this forum, gmail flags it as spam. I've tried clicking on "Not Spam", adding this forum's email address to the gmail "My Contacts" list but each time I get a forum notification gmail still puts it in the spam folder.

Anyone else have this issue with gmail and this forum or am I the only one? Any fixes?

dickevans

Re: Gmail doesn't like this forum

Mike89 wrote:

Everytime I get a forum notification from this forum, gmail flags it as spam. I've tried clicking on "Not Spam", adding this forum's email address to the gmail "My Contacts" list but each time I get a forum notification gmail still puts it in the spam folder.

Anyone else have this issue with gmail and this forum or am I the only one? Any fixes?

Mike89,

That sounds like something that might be better addressed with the folks at gmail. If you have followed their instructions to get an address whitelisted and it's not happening then they are the problem.

I try not to use gmail just because I'm not a big fan of web based services and their security.

Hope this helps

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
huwyngr
Topics: 1,001
Kudos: 2,719
Solutions: 368

Mike,

You need to put in the sender of the email, not the address of this forum.

Mine come from:

Norton Community Mailer <nortoncommunity@symantec.com>

I don't know which email client you are using so I don't know how the rules work but in WIndows Live Mail I put

Norton Community Mailer

in the containing section and WLM puts single quotes round it when added.

That puts all the incoming advisories into the folder I use for these notifications.

Hugh
Regular Visitor
Mike89

I had the right email address in the contacts list. I finally got it not go to the spam folder by making a filter with this forum's email address in it and not go to spam (can't directly tell it to put it in the inbox) and mark it as important. Now it's going to my inbox folder instead of the spam folder.

huwyngr

Sounds like my Rules then .... I just have a folder called Symantec & Norton and let them go there -- I try to keep the raw inbox fairly small since most of my incoming mail comes from a relatively small number of sources, or limited topics like "Technical Information"

Hugh
Regular Visitor
Mike89

[ Edited ]

I've never had any problems with gmail handling email like me marking something as spam and then future emails from same place all went to spam and with emails mistakenly marked as spam, unmarking them and then future emails from same place would go in inbox. For some reason gmail didn't want to play nice with this forum's email address. I had to go through extra hoops to finally get in unmarked (and stay unmarked) as spam. Funny too this email address being from an antivirus maker and being treated like a step child by google. You'd think they owed google money or something. Heh heh

huwyngr

Doesn't everyone owe Google money .... and their first-born ?

Hugh
Visitor
timofeem

Same here! Was waiting for hours for a password reset e-mail and it lended in SPAM. I am using Google Apps for Business e-mail address.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,174
Solutions: 303

My gmail account is also sending the forum messages to the spam folder. When I log in to gmail, it shows the emails as suspected phishing email. I have reported them to gmail as not phishing, but no change yet.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Super Worm Eliminator
Andmike

Hi peterweb.

I use Gmail and have no problem.  If it goes to the Spam tray then click on the NOT SPAM button and it should set the email address as OK for future posts. 

Try that and if you have further problems post back and I will try and advise you how to set up a new filter.

Good luck.