Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
dswierenga

[CLOSED] ICE Virus in Windows 8 Laptop

[ Edited ]

How do I remove the ICE virus from my Dell Windows 8 (64bit) laptop?

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: ICE Virus in Windows 8 Laptop

[Instructions are for the thread starters system only, Not another users system]

Please Read  http://community.norton.com/t5/Malware-Discussion/Malware-Discussion-Board-Guidelines/td-p/961409

This is to make sure the user has seen the Guidelines before starting.  

Even other Malware Removal forums state like

"you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean."

Users have to realise these tools used can cause problems anyway, and if instructions are not followed, bigger problems can occur from deleting something that shouldn't be, the program has caused the system to freeze, the program jammed during the restart etc etc.  and so we use instructions to allow the tools to be in the correct location (so we also know) settings given so that items won't be automatically deleted, other programs disabled so things can be done without detection or conflict.

When the user follow instructions and things still go a little haywire, and it does happen, it is up to us to sort the extra problem out.

Confirm in Reply you have read and understand the Guidelines etc.

Quads

Contributor
dswierenga

OK. Thanks. I've read the instructions.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Do you have more than one user account tou can logon to??

If NOT  Windows 8 is different when it comes to getting to the advanced menu compared to Vista and Windows 7, unless you have changed the BCD to add an entry.

Quads

Contributor
dswierenga

No.  Just one user account on my laptop.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You will need a Flash Drive and to download a Program.

Quads

Contributor
dswierenga

I have several flash drives.  How big?

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Not much space on the Flash Drive is required, like less then 10mb usually.

Quads

Contributor
dswierenga

Great.  I'll use a 120MB one then.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Please download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/   You need to download the 64 bit version.

Transfer it on to the Flash Drive.

Quads