Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: Bizcoaching malware removal help

Disable Norton for say 30 minutes or more

Start OTL (like before),   under   Copy and paste the custom script attached which you open in for instance in Notepad, (include the : at the start of :OTL and all the way to the end / bottom)  and run the script. (Red Run Fix Button)

The output log, should be placed in the  C:\_OTL\MovedFiles folder ( a different set of numbers) after, to attach back here.

Quads

Contributor
jskelton

I did not know about the Friends Finder....lets get rid of it...I ran your script report is attached

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Start OTL (like before),   under   Copy and paste the custom script attached which you open in for instance in Notepad, (include the : at the start of :OTL and all the way to the end / bottom)  and run the script. (Red Run Fix Button)

The output log, should be placed in the  C:\_OTL\MovedFiles folder ( a different set of numbers) after, to attach back here.

Quads

Contributor
jskelton

Complete....report attached

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Now the dead Uninstall entries, Due to I have removed Files / Folders. They may be listed in a different Windows user account  (John, Peter, Mary etc) due to being in the HKU / HKCU hive(s)

Look for  the below in the Uninstall Programs list

"FriendsChecker" = FriendsChecker
"Settings Alerter" = Settings Alerter
"Playtopus" = Playtopus
"Solid Savings" = Solid Savings

If you click on it and Windows can't do anything, Windows 7 should then give you the option to remove the entry from the list. Here is a screenshot below I have just created and inserted in. (just is a different PUP listed)

Remove DeadUNIentry.jpg

Quads

Contributor
jskelton

That worked for everything except Playtopus...when I try an unistall that it gives me a RunDLL error that states:

There was a problem starting C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\PLAYTO~1\UNINST!1.DLL

The specifiied module could not be found

Other than that everything else gave the the error message you indicated...and I let Windows remove the assosiated folders 

Bot Obliterator
Quads

[ Edited ]

OK, just like PUP's  Stubborn nuts at times,  I am thinking

Is the rest of the system doing good and should be slightly faster??

"Other than that everything else gave the the error message you indicated...and I let Windows remove the assosiated folders "  ummm more like the assosiated registry keys

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.

http://jpshortstuff.247fixes.com/SystemLook.html  the 64 bit version

Disable Norton for say 30 mins

Double-click SystemLookv64.exe to run it.

Copy the content of the following between the lines into the main textfield:  (don't forget the : in front of :regfind)

:regfind
Playtopus

Click the Look button to start the scan.

When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply (attach to message).

Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

Quads

Contributor
jskelton

Sorry it took me so long to respond Quads, the fourth of July holiday had me out of town for awhile.  I have completed the scan with SystemLook per your instruction and the report is attached.  Also to your earlier post the system is run a bit faster but mostly bizcoach is not trying to download something everytime I got to a web page.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

I am not going to let a Aussie Playtopus beat this Kiwi :smileyvery-happy:

Quads