Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
jstwebbrowsing

[FIXED] ICE Cyber Crime Center

[ Edited ]

My PC has been infected with this.  If I start in Safe Mode it just reboots as soon as it loads.  Please help.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: ICE Cyber Crime Center

[Instructions are for the thread starters system only, Not another users system]

Please Read  http://community.norton.com/t5/Malware-Discussion/Malware-Discussion-Board-Guidelines/td-p/961409

This is to make sure the user has seen the Guidelines before starting.  

Even other Malware Removal forums state like

"you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean."

Users have to realise these tools used can cause problems anyway, and if instructions are not followed, bigger problems can occur from deleting something that shouldn't be, the program has caused the system to freeze, the program jammed during the restart etc etc.  and so we use instructions to allow the tools to be in the correct location (so we also know) settings given so that items won't be automatically deleted, other programs disabled so things can be done without detection or conflict.

When the user follow instructions and things still go a little haywire, and it does happen, it is up to us to sort the extra problem out.

Quads

Contributor
jstwebbrowsing

Thank you very much for the reply. I have read the information.  I am running Windows Vista 64 bit.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You need to have a Flash Drive.

Quads

Contributor
jstwebbrowsing

Yes I have one of those.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

I will be out for a couple of hours

Read Slowly and all of it.

Please download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/   You need to download the 64 bit version.

Transfer it on to the Flash Drive.

Enter System Recovery Options

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

• Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64.exe) and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive.  restart the system and load Windows Please attach the log in  your reply back..

Quads

Contributor
jstwebbrowsing

I miraculously managed to get Task Manager on top.  I haven't closed anything, but does this help?

Bot Obliterator
Quads

[ Edited ]

Oh so you are trying things against the guidelines and warnings,   Cool one less for me to deal with.

I don't have time for users who ignore the instructions and or the guidelines,  I infect my system with the likes of ICE and figure out why some instructions don't work, and why for users removing the file Windows still does not load properly.  So FRST also got updated for the registry keys to fix. 

Not to have users just go about (even after reading) doing their own thing creating a waste of time.

Quads

Contributor
jstwebbrowsing

No, that's how my PC was when I came here.

Contributor
jstwebbrowsing

My Advanced Boot Options does not have "Repair your Computer".  It has:

Safe Mode

Safe Mode.....

Safe Mode.....

Enable Boot Logging

Enable low-resolution

Last Good Configuration

Directory Services Restore Mode

Debugging Mode