Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
LloydStC1

[FIXED] Top Arcade Hits virus has infected my PC - Please help!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Yesterday after I downloaded something I shouldn't have, my PC became infected with what I believe is called Top Arcade Hits.  Before I did any research,  I removed the programs but the symptoms continue.  I would be appreciated of any help in removing it from my PC.

Thanks,

Lloyd St. Clair

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: Top Arcade Hits virus has infected my PC - Please help!

[Instructions are for the thread starters system only, Not another users system]

Please Read  http://community.norton.com/t5/Malware-Discussion/Malware-Discussion-Board-Guidelines/td-p/961409

This is to make sure the user has seen the Guidelines before starting.  

Even other Malware Removal forums state like

"you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean."

Users have to realise these tools used can cause problems anyway, and if instructions are not followed, bigger problems can occur from deleting something that shouldn't be, the program has caused the system to freeze, the program jammed during the restart etc etc.  and so we use instructions to allow the tools to be in the correct location (so we also know) settings given so that items won't be automatically deleted, other programs disabled so things can be done without detection or conflict.

When the user follow instructions and things still go a little haywire, and it does happen, it is up to us to sort the extra problem out.

Confirm in Reply you have read and understand the Guidelines etc.

Quads

Contributor
LloydStC1

Read and understood.  Thanks.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Download OTL http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/otl/   On to the Desktop

Disable Norton / Symantec for say 30mins 

Start OTL,  (Right click and from the menu choose "Run as Administrator")

Click the Scan All Users checkbox.

Change file age to 60 days

Press the 

An OTL.txt  and extras.txt will be created. To attach back in a post

Quads

Contributor
LloydStC1

Program ran successfully.  OTL.TXT and Extras.TXT are attached.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

[ Edited ]

Disable Norton for say 30 minutes or more

Start OTL (like before),   under   Copy and paste the custom script attached which you open in for instance in Notepad, (include the : at the start of :OTL and all the way to the end / bottom)  and run the script. (Red Run Fix Button)

The output log, should be placed in the  C:\_OTL\MovedFiles folder after. Looks like a txt file not a Folder

Quads

Contributor
LloydStC1

Finished successfully.  I have attatched the text file.

Thanks.

Lloyd

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Read carefully

Download Adwcleaner http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/view.download/2   The Green Arrow  on to your desktop and run a scan (Search Button).  It will create a log after.

ONE SCAN ONLY

Attach the log back here.

Quads

Contributor
LloydStC1

Norton quaratined this item.  Shall I disable Norton for 30 minutes as with the other scans?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Yes, go ahead,  It is just the tools we use that is all.

Quads