Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
cathywarren

[FIXED] bizcoaching.info problems

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm infected with bizcoaching.info causing various screens to pop up when I click on any link in any website. My browser is Google Chrome and I'm using Windows Vista. Usually these are offering me downloads of media players etc, saying I need to download them to proceed. I also sometimes see a message in the bottom left of screen saying "waiting for ad.yieldmanager.." and have also had a pop-up updatevideos.com I've run a complete system scan with Norton 360 which doesn't change it.  I also get quite a lot of pop-up ads including some that are offensive and I think are related to this, so will appreciate any help you can provide!

Thanks

[Edit: Removing hyperlink to a website to conform with the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service]

Contributor
AdamW

Re: bizcoaching.info problems

[ Edited ]

[Removed message, due to just blanket try this and that]

Don't just blank, try this thry that here.  There are times where Adwcleaner can't be used, or have you not worked that out Yet??

Let alone when something just does not want to go, or Adwcleaner says it removed entries when it didn't.

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

I have removed the above message.

Quads

Contributor
cathywarren

Hi Quads. I have seen there are other threads dealing with bizcoaching.info, but I understand that my problem may be different, so I'm hoping you can help. It is driving me mad.

I did download Spyhunter and ran a scan, then saw your comment and decided against registring with Spyhunter (and paying! ) to resolve the threats it found.

Thank you in anticipation :-)

Bot Obliterator
Quads

[Instructions are for the thread starters system only, Not another users system]

Please Read  http://community.norton.com/t5/Malware-Discussion/Malware-Discussion-Board-Guidelines/td-p/961409

This is to make sure the user has seen the Guidelines before starting.  

Even other Malware Removal forums state like

"you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean."

Users have to realise these tools used can cause problems anyway, and if instructions are not followed, bigger problems can occur from deleting something that shouldn't be, the program has caused the system to freeze, the program jammed during the restart etc etc.  and so we use instructions to allow the tools to be in the correct location (so we also know) settings given so that items won't be automatically deleted, other programs disabled so things can be done without detection or conflict.

When the user follow instructions and things still go a little haywire, and it does happen, it is up to us to sort the extra problem out.

Comfirm you have read the guidlines etc. in a reply

Quads

Contributor
cathywarren

Hi there, yes I confirm I have read the guidelines and won't make any changes to my computer unless explicitly instructed by the malware removal team; I will also follow the other guidelines given

Many thanks in anticipation

Cathy

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Download OTL http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/otl/   On to the Desktop

Click on the Blue Button on the download page

Download Now

@ Authors Site

Disable Norton / Symantec for say 30mins 

Start OTL,  (Right click and from the menu choose "Run as Administrator")

Click the Scan All Users checkbox.

Change file age to 60 days

Press the 

An OTL.txt  and extras.txt will be created. To attach back in a post

Quads

Contributor
cathywarren

Many thanks Quads, have done and the two files attached, Cathy

Bot Obliterator
Quads

I do not need another log.  But you need to follow instructions

Put OTL.exe onto the Desktop   not in the Downloads folder.

Quads

Contributor
cathywarren

Ok, thanks; & sorry, I  must have a setting that put it in downloads automatically. Have moved it to desktop now & ready for further instructions.