Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
philthymcnasty

[Fixed] Radio audio playing in background. Norton 360 and malware bytes have not found anything.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Over the last few days I have been hearing audio on my computer. I is a very annoying and intermittent problem. I have not downloaded anything, and the problem appears to have started after a java update. It is very frustrating. Any help will be appreciated.

Contributor
philthymcnasty

Re: Radio audio playing in background. Norton 360 and malware bytes have not found anything.

I have successful found a way to mute the audio. It appears to be emanating from "host process for windows services" Any help on removing the malware will be appreciated.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: Radio audio playing in background. Norton 360 and malware bytes have not found anything.

Please Read  http://community.norton.com/t5/Malware-Discussion/Malware-Discussion-Board-Guidelines/td-p/961409

This is to make sure the user has seen the Guidelines before starting.   Don't run tools

Do you have a Flash Drive??

Quads

Contributor
philthymcnasty

[ Edited ]

I have read the instructions thread.  I also do have a flash drive. Thank you for the quick response.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

What is your Operating System, including 32 bit or 64 bit??

Quads

Contributor
philthymcnasty

It's windows 7 64 bit
Bot Obliterator
Quads

Read Slowly and all of it.

Please download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/   You need to download the 64 bit version.

Transfer it on to the Flash Drive.

Enter System Recovery Options

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

• Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.(PSP)
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive.  restart the system and load Windows Please attach the log in  your reply back..

Quads

Contributor
philthymcnasty

Here is the log requested

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Looks like you may have Harbinger Bookit,  maybe

Please read carefully and follow these steps.

Go to  http://support.kaspersky.com/2663?el=88446  Click on 1. How to disinfect a compromised system to expand the question then  click on the TDSSkiller.exe green link to download and transfer the download to your desktop.

Double click on TDSSKiller.exe that is on the Desktop to run the application,

Open the Change Parameters option and select the detect TDL File system

TDSSKiller Parameters.jpg

Click OK

Then on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

Look for the Filesystem detection  If the TDSS FileSystem is detected change the setting from Skip to Delete

TDSSFS.jpg

It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste into Notepad and attach back here.
If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ ) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please attach the log in the post back.

Quads

Contributor
philthymcnasty

[ Edited ]

Here is the requested logs. I am no longer getting the radio advertisements. It appears that this might have stopped it. Then again, this was also intermittent, and stopped after a while yesterday.