Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
reeler

Guardius by Perion

[ Edited ]

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with SP 1.  A couple of week ago some software/malware called Guardius installed itself on my system.  If I end its process or uninstall it, it's there again after I reboot.  I used NPE, which called it "bad" & cleaned it from my system, however, after another reboot, it was there again.  The next time I ran NPE, it again recognized Guardius & called it "bad" but failed to clean it from my system.

This software/malware claims to speed up browsers by eliminating unneeded toolbars & extensions.  I am very careful about not installing accessory apps.  Guardius has a website at [Removed Website] & has a presence on all the social media sites.  I'm afraid to contact them since they might give me software or instructions that may make things worse.  If this is a legitimate program, how did it get onto my system, & why can't I remove it?

Do you know if Guardius is malware.  Legitimate or not, how do I remove it?  I cannot see that it is doing anything obvious to my system, but who knows what it is doing in the background?

Thanks!

Edited by Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: Guardius by Perion

It looks somewhat legit, but I had never heard of it.

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Although I am abiut to call this a PUP. as it is part of the Sweetpacks / Sweetim  group.

Quads

gddmad

I am having the same problem with my computer.  If I let it install itself, it still wants to install on top of it.  I do not know how it came to my hard disk in the first place.  Even I had it removed, it still want to install.  I am extremely pissed about this program.  If I let the program run on my hard disk, my firefox will not work, it crashes all of the time.  I wasted two hours trying to stop the program from running when I boot up.  Please help US!

Bot Obliterator
Quads

2 users are not to be on the same thread as the Guidelines state.

Quads