Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
colleeng

2021[1].js

Norton Keeps finding this file tells me it has been removed and then it comes back again every time i open internet explorer.  It is also popping up advertisements.

URGH!!! Please help - how do I remove.

Regular Contributor
intesec

Re: 2021[1].js

Hi colleeng

You might like to try booting into safe mode or safe mode with networking (see help and support from the start menu) and running a full scan but first disconnect the internet connection as Norton appears to be disabled in safe mode only allowing a full scan.  You might like to back up your personal data first?

If that doesn’t work then can you repost with more detail, does it pop up, does it slide out, is it after a scan?  Can you provide a screen shot or use the snipping tool (see help and support from the start menu).

ATB

intesec

Visitor
colleeng

When I open internet explorer Norton says it has removed the file, but when I navigate to a new page it comes up again and again.  I scanned with Malware and it did not find it.  It pops messages on home page that I need to download flash player and other bogus messages.  It also trys to open kaq.pagerte.netscreen norton.PNG

Regular Contributor
intesec

Hi colleeng

Thanks for posting the image its says its low risk and that Norton has contained it which means that there should be no problem other than the repetitive reminder.  There’s a link below that has a similar problem with .js, the seventh post by jjj0923 might interest you. As you have posted here Norton should be aware of it and hopefully in time will resolve the problem

Have you tried the scan in safe mode?

Does it pop up on different websites or just one website when you change pages?

When it started had you installed any new software or hardware or another device to the computer?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/env-nocache-1-js/td-p/957539

You might like to check out this link?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_7/keep-getting-kaqpagertenet-pop-up-in-inte...

ATB

intesec

Visitor
Talon

I have the same problem. This 2021[1].js file is being generated every time I open IE. It seems to be linked to the home page because the behavior of IE had been changed so that every time I opened a new tab the home page would show up and Norton would detect a new 2021[1].js file. I changed the tab behavior back to showing the New Tab page for each new tab and now I only get this 2021[1].js file when IE is first opened. Or, whenever I open my home page in a new tab.

I did start up in safe mode and performed a complete scan which did not correct the problem.

B00mer42

I am also having the same problem with this file 2021[1[.js.  Norton says it has been deleted but it is still there and producing popups and having all kind of fun.  I have gone into safe mode and scanned to no satisfaction. It pops up on every page opened in Internet Explorer.   Please get an update for this file.  Thanks.

raylanders

I continue getting the nessage in the bottom right of my screen every time I change sites.  The message is 2021[1].js is a danger; then the message disappears and comes back to say, it has been removed.  It freezes my scrreen and I cannot do anything.  If  I cannot get this resolved, I will have to uninstall Norton.

cx1754

I'am getting the same thing as eveyone else is describing! The warning just keeps sliding in and out at the lower right corner. Very Very annoying!!

JeffKunze

This adware virus has ruined my computer!  I have tried everything described here. I have upgraded my Norton, complerted three full scans, downloaded and ran power eraser three times and it still keeps coming back on every page that tries to load.  The following is the removal in Norton that it gives me after it says it has been removed.

Norton needs to fix this now!

Filename: 2021[1].js Threat name: Adware.Singalng Full Path: c:\users\bob's laptop\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.ie5\9lutnz36\2021[1].js

Details Unknown Community Usage,  Unknown Age,  Risk Low

Origin Downloaded from Unknown

Activity Actions performed: Actions performed: 1

On computers as of Not Available Last Used 5/20/2013 at 9:37:16 PM Startup Item No Launched No

Unknown It is unknown how many users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Unknown This file release is currently not known.

Low This file risk is low.

Threat type: Adware. Programs whose main purpose is to facilitate the delivery of advertising content.

Source: External Media 

File Actions

File: c:\users\bob's laptop\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.ie5\9lutnz36\2021[1].jsRemoved ____________________________

File Thumbprint - SHA: 91f7a185360281361d09c7c5165beaa9e870b2ae6dccfd9c6927815e139c74cb File Thumbprint - MD5: Not available

Mohan_G
Topics: 157
Kudos: 182
Solutions: 26

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for reporting this issue and we are looking into this.

In the mean time we investigate on this, We need more information from you so we can narrow this down.

• May I know the version [8, 9, 10] of Internet Explorer that you are using?

• Could you check if you have any new add-ons installed in the Internet Explorer? (Screenshots would help better)

Cheers,
Mohanakrishnan G
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corp.