Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
tumaru
Accepted Solution

360 netbook, downloads, and support

I haven recently come across three problems

1. I can't find where to download norton 360 netbook edition

2. why isn't there a download section in my norton account

3. There isn't good enough access to support on the websites themselves.

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: 360 netbook, downloads, and support

[ Edited ]

Hi tumaru

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums

Here are the links to the Netbook version of Norton 360 V5

Norton 360 V5 Standard Netbook - www.norton.com/n360sne_5

Norton 360 V5 Premier Netbook - www.norton.com/n360pne_5

Not all products have a download option in Norton Account.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Contributor
tumaru

Then how do I get the netbook edition?

Norton Fighter
mdturner

tumaru wrote:

Then how do I get the netbook edition?

HI tumaru

Just click on one of the web links in my previous post - Standard or Premier.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

huwyngr
Topics: 1,003
Kudos: 2,738
Solutions: 368

Make sure you have a specific KEY for the netbook edition since the KEYs are not interchangeable between Standard and Netbook versions -- this is on the request list from users over in Norton Ideas Forum so go there and add a kudos to the proposal since Norton Management do monitor what is posted and its support.

Note that the standard version of NIS or NAV works fine on most netbooks since apart from the store version being on a thumbdrive, the main change was in the graphics resolution to match the early small screens and in battery saving settings that are by default but can be set in the standard version.

So if you have a standard version for 3 PCs you can use that and its KEY to activate on the netbook and you can download a single installation file to install it in the current version from the links provided earlier.

Hugh
Contributor
tumaru

I have premier and I already have it on the netbook in question but it keeps on crashing so I thought that the netbook edition would work more effiently. I hope it's more then just a bit of GUI redecoration because that would be a fake product then. Anybody can make slight changes to the aprearance to make it better for a small screen. You pay to have it work with the smaller system.

Contributor
tumaru

Also here is the link to the vote for anybody who is intersted in voting but not in finding the link themselves.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Product-Ideas/Provide-a-dual-key-for-laptops-and-netbook-PC-s/...

huwyngr
Topics: 1,003
Kudos: 2,738
Solutions: 368

If you'd like some help in getting the standard version working OK on your machine I'm sure there are people here with more experience of N360 than I have who will be glad to help and save you buying a specific copy.

Some more details would help -- here's my boilerplate some of which may not apply:

To get you the best advice, would you give us some more information about your system:

What version of Windows are you using including Service Packs and whether 32 bit or 64 bit as well as the Name and Version ID of the Norton product that you are using -- Help or Support / About is where that is, in the format of nn.nn.nn.nnn

If you get any error messages please give the exact wording of them as well as any other background that could be helpful.

Would you please give the make and model of the netbook so we can look for any other details which might be useful.

Did the netbook already have on it a security application? If so what was it and how did you remove it before installing the N360 Premier? Did you install from an existing copy you already had? For a netbook it presumably was not a CD  so did you download it from the URL we normally point people to? It is V5 isn't it?

Hugh
Contributor
tumaru

1. I'd rather use the product I already own and am not using before rushing to the store to buy buy buy more Norton product. I know how about we all just out and buy multiple 3 packs for all our computers yay norton wins (yes that's sarcasm).

2. I had to remove a fake antivirus before putting on Norton 360 which wasn't able to fix the problem anyway and only after upgrading to 360 5 did it start crashing when I started up the machine.

Contributor
tumaru

Oh and also I don't want to go to some expert to be able to download a program that should be as easy as going to the website and pressing download.

I want it to be so easy that anybody can do it not just experts of the field but average people who know how to press download.

Just test 20 random people who don't know how to download norton and see how many of them can get it downloaded without using a credit card because they already own the product.