Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
cheezburger
Accepted Solution

Adding exceptions help!

I have a file from a provider that i trust, that i know works and is without a doubt not a virus, as i used it on my other pc.

Is there any way to add an exception for a single file in norton 360, as it comes up as a trojan and not scanning for trojans

WOULD NOT solve the problem(in the long run). I have tried elsewhere, and the only solution found was to uninstall 360.

Any solution appreciated(long as it's actually a solution).

AllenM
Topics: 221
Kudos: 2,151
Solutions: 377

Re: Adding exceptions help!

[ Edited ]

HI cheezburger,

Welcome to the forum. You can exclude files from being scanned by following the procedure here.

However, before you do this can you provide more information on what file you would like to have excluded? We would like to ensure that you are not excluding a file which really could be contain some threat. I know you believe this file is safe but it is always better safe than sorry so please supply us the extra information so we can help you determine this.

Further, there are other actions you should take depending on the circumstances as outlined below.

If you believe the file is a false positive please submit it to Symantec here.

If you believe the file might be infected then please submit it here for further analysis.

You can also do an analysis online here.

Thanks

Allen 

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 32 bit, 4 GB * NIS 2012 (19.8.0.14) * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS 2012 (19.8.0.14)
Visitor
cheezburger

Thanks very much for the help,

I feel a bit of a noob now :)

I was already going to send it to the false positive thing. But thanks for the suggestion.

AllenM
Topics: 221
Kudos: 2,151
Solutions: 377

Hi cheezburger,

Thanks for the update and thank you for confirming that you will submit this file to false positive.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 32 bit, 4 GB * NIS 2012 (19.8.0.14) * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS 2012 (19.8.0.14)