Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Adware

Is Norton 360 becoming adware?

"Adware
Software that displays advertising content on your computer. Like its cousin spyware, some adware runs with your full knowledge and consent, some doesn't. More often an annoyance than a security risk, adware may also monitor browsing activities and relay that information to someone else over the Internet."

I just had a pop-up from Norton asking if I want to make Norton Safe Search my default search engine in Firefox.  The two options were "Yes" or "Not now".  Where are "NO" & "Never as again" options?

I have had "Special Offer Notification" setting disabled for a long time.  I do not want to see this pop-up again.

If I wanted to use Norton Safe Search I would.  I do not appreciate this intrusion in my browsing.

Symantec, are you listening?  :smileymad:

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Contributor
minddrifter

Re: Adware

Same pop up.....Agree totally

peterweb
Kudos: 1,462
Solutions: 366

I had the same in NIS 2012.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
yank
Kudos: 2,250
Solutions: 512

I have never seen the popup - but isn't Norton Safe Search in cahoots with ASK??  That makes me wonder if it is Norton that adds the adware.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

yank wrote:

I have never seen the popup - but isn't Norton Safe Search in cahoots with ASK??  That makes me wonder if it is Norton that adds the adware.

Hi Yank,

Well it was a Norton pop-up.  Anyway I have solved that problem, just don't ask what I did, you may not like the answer.

Cheers,

Dave

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Here's the pop up.

Norton Adware.PNG