Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Fixiit

Re: Backup Destination Won't Work after Upgrade to 5.0

Have tried the live update, restarting the computer, reconnecting the external HD; while the process for the backup fix it with 5.0  "appears" to have been successful based on the date/time posted, yet Norton 360 continues to show the red X on the icon at lower right corner, as well as on the Backup- Defaultset! What gives? Confused and frustrated. TIA for any solutions.

Visitor
lfreberg

Sorry, Fixiit.  When I addressed my issue by making a new Backup file, the red x's went away.  I agree--they are annoying.  We have not figured out how to have our other computers back up across the network to my external hard drive (a task on the list for when I have more time), so we use DVDs.  All of the other computers have little red x's because we can't do the DVD backups everytime, and it looks dreadful.

I hope someone can help you fix this!

Fixiit

[ Edited ]

lfreberg thank you foe the clarification.

I actually figured a way by trial. You have to have two setups at the asme time as options to solve. Once you create say WD-HD the external  as your backup, AND  you see both options in the Backup Set Name, then delete the one that was default and you will see the green check light. Perhaps this minor additional detail is what was needed.

The only other way I was able to have the red X go away is if I removed the automatic backup - which defeats in part the value of the product.

Visitor
LarryGrimm

I had the same problem that Norton 360 was giving me the same error message.  The creating a new backup set solved the problem.  If anyone knows why this problem happens in the first place, I would be courious to know in case it is something I did wrong and would not wish to create the same problem.   -leg

Visitor
lfreberg

Hi, Larry.

My problem began with an upgrade from Norton.  If your problem was due to the same upgrade, I think it's unlikely you have to worry about it happening again....well, at least until the next upgrade!  :)

Best,

Laura