Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
TCooks2007
Accepted Solution

Backup Problem after installing Norton 360 Premier 6.0

I recently updated my Norton to 6.0.  Prior to this update, Norton backed up the files I had on automatic backup without any problems.  After updating, I receive errors whenever a backup is attempted; it says:

Not enough space for backup set.  Online storage available: 0 kb.  Backup size:  1.8 GB

I thought, Premier is supposed to be able to have 25 GB of online storage, and regular is supposed to get 2 GB of online storage.

Why do I now get zero kb of online storage?

Visitor
TCooks2007

Re: Backup Problem after installing Norton 360 Premier 6.0

When I go to my account in Norton, it says I have 10 gb online storage.  Anyway, it will not perform a backup of my 1.8 GB.  It gives me an error and tells me I have zero gb of online storage.

When I pull up my Norton program, it says:

"To ensure continued access to online backups, please logon to your Norton Account and reactivate using your new subscription.  Fix Now.:

I click on fix now.

Then it says:

"Congratulations!  You have successfully activated Norton 360 Premier Edition online backup with 12.00 gb of online storage.  You are ready to set up your backup in Norton 360 Premier Edition to protect your photos, music, contacts, and other important files.  Please click Next to continue storing your files online."

I click Next and the window disappears but nothing happens.  When I pull back up my Norton app again, it has the same message as before:

"To ensure continued access to online backups, please logon to your Norton Account and reactivate using your new subscription.  Fix Now."

When I try to run a backup, I get the same error as before, stating I have 0 kb of online storage while trying to back up 1.8 gb and need to purchase more storage.

But, I should have 12 GB of online storage.

Visitor
TCooks2007

I looked back in other threads for this issue and found many people had this same issue in February when upgrading.  I don't know why I just now upgraded, but I guess I procrastinated.  I didn't find any answers except to pay the $40+ to get direct help from Norton.  Anyone else have any other ideas on how to fix this?

peterweb
Kudos: 1,359
Solutions: 340

Don't pay the $40.

Contact Support via online chat found here.

They are excellent if figuring out subscription problems.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Visitor
TCooks2007

Thank you for the link and information!  It worked; they fixed it remotely by taking control of my computer.  I think they had to use the Norton removal tool and such.  I could not find how to reach them through chat without a fee.  Thank you again!

peterweb
Kudos: 1,359
Solutions: 340

Good to hear you are all fixed up.

Chat has proven to be very successful in solving problems we cannot fix here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.