Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
tahoe85

Bought new computer and want to add 360 program, allowable from Home Computer product.

I have Norton 360 on my home computer and it allows installation on up to 3 computers.  My daughter's laptop has one and I just bought another laptop and want to add the 360 program to it. 

I loaded 360 v.5 and it said I have 30 days before it expires.  I figure what I loaded was the pre-loaded program that came on the computer.  I looked for a product code (in the process I noticed I had Norton 360 v.4.3.0.5  on the home computer) but when I went to my account, it showed absolutely nothing on file under the Products and Order History pages.

Couple of questions:

How do I locate my product code? 

Will version 360 v5 be loaded on the new laptop or do I have to uninstall and reload 360 v.4, which is on my home computer?

Spam Squasher
CyberLife

Re: Bought new computer and want to add 360 program, allowable from Home Computer product.

Go to your Home computer, and then go to My Documents > Symantec > Norton 360_Key.txt. Open the text file and see whether you have the 25 digit Product Key which starts with the letter "T" in that.

Once yoy get your Product Key, you can use the same one to activate the Norton 360 Version 5.0 installed on the new computer. Just click Renew at the bottom of the product, enter the Product Key in the field, and then follow the steps in the window. But I reccommend you do this just one day before the 30 days subscription expires, so that you get the benefit of these 30 days

CyberLife :)
tahoe85

Re: Bought new computer and want to add 360 program, allowable from Home Computer product.

Thank you for the reply.

I went into the home computer and found a Symantec file in the Program Files folder, but could not find the Norton_360 txt. file.  I looked into all the files that looked promising, but couldn't find any product key.

Think I should get on the phone with Norton?

huwyngr
Topics: 1,033
Kudos: 2,819
Solutions: 375

When you have installed a copy of a program for which you have a valid subscription the easy way to deal with this is on the new installation to click on Subscribe and tell it you have an existing key you want to use. This should lead you to log in to your MyNortonAccount that you created when you first installed Norton on the other computer.

Log in with the same ID (your emailaddress) and password and you should see your MyNortonAccount and the KEY should be collected automatically.

You can also get your key if you log into your MyNortonAccount and click on the entry their for the installation in question -- that reveals the KEY and you can copy it into the clipboard and paste it anywhere you need it!

Since the clock starts running on your first activation it does not matter when you do this; it's only a good idea to wait if you are using a purchased new KEY for the first time .....

Hugh