Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
LarryHDC

Can I retrieve files from a Ghost backup with Norton 360?

I have an external hard drive with a Ghost backup file from my old computer (which died) that I would like to access on my new computer.  The old computer ran Win XP home and the new computer runs Win 7.  I have Norton 360 on the new computer.  It does not recognize the .v2i backup file.  Is there a way I can access the information in the backup?  (I also posted to the 'Other Norton' forum; cross-posting because I'm not sure which forum is best to get this answer.)

PapauZ
Topics: 392
Kudos: 1,025
Solutions: 374

Re: Can I retrieve files from a Ghost backup with Norton 360?

Hi,

Norton 360 will not be able to read the Norton Ghost files. You should try to download and install the trial version of Norton Ghost, and restore the files with that. After you are done, you can uninstall the Ghost trial.

Let us know how it goes.

Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v21.3.0.12

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,862
Solutions: 380

Re: Can I retrieve files from a Ghost backup with Norton 360?

You have a reply there already ....

It really is better to wait a little while before cross posting and give people a chance to help.  If you were in totally the wrong place then a moderator would move your post to a better location ....

Hope the suggestion works -- you might want to post in Other Norton Products what version of GHOST the images were made with and whether they are in one file or more than one (that may apply more to files on DVD than a hard drive).

Hugh