Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
WVConnie

Can't Access the Internet - new installation of Norton 360

OK folks, I'm pretty frustrated.  I tried chatting with Nathan.  I've read a fair bit.  Here's the situation.  I've installed Norton 360 on a machine.  Said machine now cannot access the internet.  I uninstalled Norton.  It still can't access the internet.  I reinstalled.  I can't register the new installation, because, um, you see, I can't access the internet.  I disabled firewalls, checked network settings, scanned for viruses,  I said incantations.  I've done everything but the hokey pokey AND download the removal tool.  If I can't access the internet, how can I download a removal tool? It's actually kind of comical that the response to "I can't access the internet" begins with "download this.

I've bought 31 licenses of 360.  Can someone give me some ideas on what went wrong?  I'd like to avoid 30 more instances of this insanity.

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,795
Solutions: 776

Re: Can't Access the Internet - new installation of Norton 360

Hi WVConnie,

Do you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed?  If so, that would be the culprit and would need to be removed completely.

dbrisendine
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 263

A little information please;

What security software did the system have before you installed N360?

How are these system(s) connecting to the internet - wired (directly to a modem / router) or wireless?

Is there a proxy server involved with the connection to the internet (for example, a school / business server that lets end machines access the internet)?

Win7 x32 SP1
Britton30
Topics: 22
Kudos: 20

Hello Connie

You can use a net-connected PC to do downloads and save them to a USH flash memory stick and run them on the problem machine. If there is a difference, be sure to grab the same architetcure as the machine you will use it on, i.e., 32 or 64 bit.

Symantec Employee
HarryP

Try the solution from the following thread:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Please-help-Norton-screwed-up-my-Inte...

Let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks,

HarryP